Daikin invites you to Open Site Day at the construction site of its new development centre in Ghent, where the test rooms can be visited.
This energy-neutral new building will be one of the most innovative and sustainable Research & Development centres in Europe.
An investment of € 140 million from market leader Daikin Europe where all R&D activities for sustainable heat pump heating and cooling will be joined into one central knowledge centre for Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
When: Sunday 07 May 2023
Where: Technologiepark 116, 9052 Zwijnaarde (Ghent)
Start at the adjoining AA Tower building - Technology Park No 122
Who: Media and interested parties will be welcomed by Daikin's engineers and talent team who can also answer any questions you may have.
What: Special tour of the construction site of Daikin's new Development Centre with a visit to the test rooms.
- Get an exclusive insight into the newest test rooms.
o Experience tests performed on the Daikin heat pumps to ensure maximum quality in extreme conditions.
- Visit a construction site where work on a precast structure and concrete finishes is in progress and where retaining steel sheet piles are being removed.
- Check out a preview of the final result via a virtual tour.
- Get to know our products via Augmented Reality.
- Daikin engineers explain future R&D activities.
- Talk to our staff about the various job opportunities at Daikin over a drink.
o Make your own contribution to the sustainable energy transition and discover with Augmented Reality what the next step in your career could look like at our job booth.
o Daikin Europe is hiring 5,000 new employees by 2025, including many interesting vacancies in Ghent, Ostend and Brussels.
- Investment sum: € 140 million
- Total land area: 30,600 m²
o 12.000 m² for laboratories and 23 test rooms
- Spread over six floors
o 13,000 m² for office space
- Divided over 14 floors with 2 underground parking levels
o Remaining space is for supporting infrastructure
- Energy-neutral and meets most advanced energy-efficiency standards
o nZEB and BREAAM Excellent label
- Room for 500 employees:
o Joins all Daikin R&D employees from Ostend and Ghent
o 120 colleagues to be recruited by 2023
- Start of testing activities: spring 2024
- Completion of entire site: summer 2024
- Move of all R&D activities to the new building: autumn 2024
- The site is located at UGent Campus Ardoyen.
- To reach the entrance, take the N60 roundabout passing the barriers. By car, keep right at the roundabout and follow the indicators.
- By bike, keep left at the roundabout after which the Daikin project will appear on your left.
- Parking available in front of the site and in the Indigo parking building Tech Lane.
- Wear sturdy shoes.
- Indicate before the tour begins whether you are comfortable with high altitudes.
- No need to register in advance, everyone is welcome.
- Pets are allowed.
Daikin Europe Sofie Sap – T.: +32 472 580482 Mail : email@example.com
Recruitment and employer campaigns contact
Daikin Europe Greet Velghe – T.: +32 495 489647. Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested candidate? Visit our website and find your new job: https://careers.daikin.eu/
Daikin Europe N.V.
Daikin Europe is a subsidiary of Daikin Industries Ltd. and the leading provider of heating, cooling, ventilation, air purification and refrigeration solutions in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. The company designs, manufactures and brings to market a broad portfolio of equipment, as well as tailor-made solutions for residential, commercial and industrial purposes. To date Daikin Europe has over 12,000 employees working at more than 59 consolidated subsidiaries. It has 12 major manufacturing facilities based in Belgium, the Czech Republic, Germany, Italy, Spain, Turkey, Austria and the UK. The headquarters of the Daikin Europe group are in Belgium, Ostend. The company was established in 1972, production in Europe started in 1973.
About Daikin Industries Ltd.
Based in Osaka, Japan, Daikin Industries employs over 89,000 people worldwide. The global company is market leader for heat pump and air conditioning systems, as well as air filtration. It is the only air conditioning manufacturer in the world that researches, develops and produces all important system components, such as refrigerants, compressors and electronics, in-house. The company achieved € 23.7 billion sales turnover in financial year 2021 (1 April 21 – 31 March 22).
Read more on www.daikin.eu and www.daikin.com.
Media Contacts Daikin Europe N.V.
Sofie Sap – T.: +32 472 580 482 Mail: email@example.com
Daisuke Kakinaga – T.: +32 465 462 321 Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org