Benefits of EDI for Suppliers
EDI offers a solution for fast and error-free communication between the supplier and Daikin Europe N.V.:
- EDI enabled suppliers enjoy a privileged position at Daikin Europe N.V.
- Information exchange is interactive and can be better integrated
- Quality of messaging is improved
- Administrative work is reduced as data is inputted only once
- Master data is correct
- Suppliers’ existing IT infrastructure is used more productively
Benefits of EDI for Daikin Europe N.V.
In return, Daikin Europe N.V. improves its supply chain flow through a higher level of integration with its suppliers:
- Improved Hi-cycle production reduces the lead time to one week
- Re-engineering of business process leads to reduction of workload
- Fast and accurate information exchange, with no double inputting
- Greater transparency and traceability in the supply chain
Daikin Europe Full EDI
The introduction of Full EDI between Daikin Europe N.V. and its suppliers has been split into a number of phases. This diagram provides an overview of how we see the future use of EDI. Phases 1 to 3 are already executed. Phase 4 (Invoices) is not yet planned.
- Phase 1: Sending Schedule Agreements
DELFOR (EDIFACT format)
CSV (DENV format)
- Phase 2: Receiving Shipping Notifications
Messages: DESADV (EDIFACT format)
CSV (DENV format)
- Phase 3: Use of Odette transport labels for internal reception process
- Phase 4: E - Invoicing
Available Documentation Full EDI
- EDIFACT message: DELFOR
DELFOR is a message which is sent from a party which is planning the use or consumption of products to a party who has to plan for the supply of the products. The message gives the requirements regarding details for short term delivery and/or medium to long scheduling for products. (http://www.unece.org)
DELFOR MIG describes Daikin's application of the Odette subset of the EDIFACT D96A message DELFOR. The specification offers a detailed description of those data elements which will be used. (updated 07/11/2003)
Download DELFOR MIG
DELFOR MIG csv sescribes the CSV -file that is used as a Daikin format for the EDI project. With this document the supplier can understand the purpose and meaning of the different fields used in the file. (updated 10/12/2003)
Download DELFOR MIG CSV
Here you can find an example of a delivery schedule sent by Daikin to Supplier X. It has been mapped into two test files: an EDIFACT DELFOR message and a CSV message.
- EDIFACT message: DESADV
DESADV is a message specifying details for goods despatched or ready for despatch under agreed conditions.(http://www.unece.org)
Message Implementation Guide DESADV:
This document describes Daikin's application of the Odette subset of the EDIFACT D96A message DESADV. The specification offers a detailed description of those data elements which will be used.
Download MIG DESADV
DENV message: CSV file for Despatch Advices
This document describes the CSV -file that is used as a Daikin format to send despatch advice messages to DENV. With this document the supplier can understand the purpose and meaning of the different fields used in the file.
Download MIG CSV file Delivery Notes
- Odette labels for DENV: This document describes the required content and format for Odette labels on parts for DENV.
Download DENV Odette label explanation
WEB-EDI is an ‘additional’ method to the Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) method that is used in material procurement.
Web-EDI is a cost-saving way for suppliers to enter into competition in the supplier market. Internet technology makes it possible for suppliers to access information in a customer’s system and to enter shipping notifications, without time delay.
However, this web-application will not completely replace the current electronic exchange of EDI.
WEB EDI features
- View all delivery schedules and releases
- View all purchase orders and release
- Download and print all releases
- Open Due List
- Create an Advanced Shipping Notification with packing information
- Create packing specifications for packing
- Print all ASN's
- Print all labels (in Odette format)