The financial activities of Daikin companies in the EMEA area are organised by the Daikin Europe Co-ordination Centre N.V. (DECC). In an international context DECC is involved in all aspects of finance, accounting, credit control and projects of corporate and economic/financial nature.
The accounting team is 10 persons strong and carries the responsibility over the monthly, quarterly and yearly result determination of the EMEA headquarter (DENV), DECC & some of its affiliates as well as for the execution of the EMEA group consolidation and the reporting of consolidated results. Also the mentioned projects can require strong involvement of the accounting team.
- As Accounting SAP key user you are an active participant in the accounting and finance operations of our headquarter and its affiliates. You can support the team with insight and practical experience as well with respect to accounting operations as with respect to the SAP FI set-up and operations.
- Over the years you acquired a lot of experience in these domains and are willing to complete this with specific Daikin business insight (how the things are getting done, why, how they are related with other departments of the headquarter and its affiliates, what to do in case of uncommon situations etc.)
- From a headquarter perspective you will be involved in a large variety of accounting related projects such as the implementation and/or change to DENV accounting systems (SAP, BW, …), the optimizations, harmonization and changes.
- During regular SAP implementations at our affiliates, upgrades, installation of add-ons, new modules, etc, you take the role of SAP key user. In these cases you will work closely with the implementation team, tell them how the business works and answer their questions. You are involved in the testing of the SAP solution and the SAP user training of colleagues.
- As a key user, you drive business decisions in your respective area of expertise to help define the solution. You are responsible for the successful and timely completion of the project tasks assigned to you.
- After implementation, upgrades, etc, you remain the 1st level of support for your colleagues, work with the implementation team if further changes are requested, may train new colleagues etc
- All of the above requires intensive interaction with other headquarter departments and our affiliates within the EMEA area.
- You have a Master degree, preferably in an economical/financial area but with a strong interest in IT-related systems.
- You have at least 5 year of relevant experience in a similar position where accounting operations are combined with SAP-FI related knowledge and business insight.
- A basic knowledge of IFRS accounting standard is recommended.
- You have strong analytical skills and curiosity, can keep the overview in all situations and think out-of-the-box.
- You are eager to step into a varied accounting domain, as a team player who can take initiative, who is eager to learn and work efficiently
- You show ability to trouble shoot and you have testing expertise.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical teams, users and management.
- Ability to document processes, specification, etc.
- You care for the success of your company/process area.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English. Knowledge of another European language is a plus.
At Daikin you can count on a varied job, with an international market leader which encourages people to work together and develop. We can offer you a permanent contract. From the very beginning you can count on thorough training and intensive support. Your competitive salary is complemented by a package of extra-legal benefits.