Technology increasingly determines our future and is the engine of our economy. New innovations are drastically changing the way we live, communicate and do business, but also offer opportunities for companies to enter new markets and develop innovative products & business models.
Our EMEA Development Center (EDC) plays a unique role in accelerating decarbonization through research and development of innovative, energy-efficient alternatives to traditional heating solutions, new heat pump technology and solutions for cold chains for domestic & industrial customers.
We are dedicated to support the goals agreed upon during the climate conferences all across the world.
The ambitions of the Daikin EMEA Development Center (EDC) reflect in the construction of a new state of the art EMEA R&D building in Zwijnaarde (Ghent). Three floors are dedicated to future intense collaboration with universities and spin offs since we not only rely on our own internal knowledge and perseverance, but we strongly believe in knowledge sharing to progress. This pillar will become our brand new section within the EDC organization.
We are looking for a Technology Transfer & Business Development Manager to help us craft this new business.
As our new section manager, you will have the responsibility to further build a new section that focuses on Technology transfer, spinoffs, grants and academic collaboration.
- In close collaboration with EDC senior management, you design and craft this new section
- You cooperate with the designated technical experts of the team, our engineers who have solid experience in academic collaborations.
- You will guide your team on several topics, such as:
Exploring the market for investment opportunities and promote Daikin Europe as preferred technological and financial investment partner.
De-risk and validate the business plans and portfolios of the identified projects
Decide on feasibility and commercial interest, taking into account the fit with our strategy, our products, our science and technology, and the allocated total budget for the department
You are the liaise between the external parties and our management and engineers.
You enhance our already existing (academic) collaborations with external partners and build new ones. First focus is local, but we aim at expanding the scope towards European and even global projects and collaborations
You identify potential grants opportunities for our new business.
- You ensure that the contract and the business requirements are all covered. In this you will be supported by the legal, patent, IP regulations and compliance experts.
- Once the team is complete, you will manage team of spin off officer, grants officer and academic collaboration engineers who will support you in the operational part and day to day follow up.
- You hold a master degree in civil or commercial engineering with a proven business acumen.
- You have people management experience.
- You have extensive experience in setting out strategies on an EMEA level and you see it as a challenge to build up a business pillar from scratch.
- You have an interest in the Daikin products and discover more about the new upcoming developments.
- The HVAC research world has no secrets for you as you breathe entrepreneurship.
- You use your communication and social skills in your networking activities.
- You have an excellent knowledge of English. Knowledge of another European language is an asset.
Daikin Europe N.V. is the European headquarters of the Japanese company, Daikin Industries Ltd. Our headquarters are located in Belgium (Ghent, Brussels and Ostend).
Today, the Daikin Europe Group boasts a powerful sales network of 24 affiliate companies, 5 branches and an entire network of independent distributors and sales contacts in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
We are the market leader in the field of air conditioning and also offer Total Comfort Solutions in the fields of cooling, heating, ventilation and related techniques. We design, manufacture and distribute air conditioning and heating systems for commercial, residential and industrial applications
In addition, as a company we are constantly expanding, with extensive international contacts, a pleasant, stimulating working environment, extensive training and coaching, ...
To support our mission, our EMEA Development Centre is expanding rapidly. Daikin Europe started to build a brand new Development Complex in Zwijnaarde/Ghent, where our development teams will work in a state of the art environment to make the world a greener place by introducing renewable alternatives in our cooling/heating market.
At Daikin you can count on a varied job, with an international market leader which encourages people to work together and develop. We offer you a permanent contract.
You will be supported by a team of enthusiastic engineers.
From the very beginning you can count on thorough training and intensive support. Your competitive salary is complemented by a package of extra-legal benefits.
Daikin Europe N.V. has many trump cards. However, our highly motivated employees are our greatest asset. That is why we are always looking for new talent!