Within the Supply Planning department, demand from customers in the EMEA region is balanced with supply from both the local factory in Ostend and factories in Czech Republic, Italy, Turkey, Spain as well as in the Far East. Our department is responsible to get the product supplied according to our customer’s wishes through a network of more than 20 European warehouses and factories.
Balancing Customer Service, Inventory and Logistic costs are at the core of all our activities, with care for sustainability and environmental concerns.
Daikin Europe N.V.
Daikin Europe N.V. is the European headquarters of the Japanese company, Daikin Industries Ltd. We design, manufacture and distribute air conditioning and heating systems for commercial, residential and industrial applications. Our headquarters are located in Brussels and Ostend, but through our sales networks we also have a presence throughout Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
We are the market leader in the field of air conditioning and also offer Total Comfort Solutions in the fields of cooling, heating, ventilation and related techniques.
In addition, as a company we are constantly expanding, with extensive international contacts, a pleasant, stimulating working environment, extensive training and coaching, ... Daikin Europe N.V. has many trump cards. However, our highly motivated employees are our greatest asset. That is why we are always looking for new talent.
What you will do
As Supply Planning Officer, based in our HQ in Ostend, you’re in a pivotal position in our international organisation. Your actions have a direct, major impact on the company’s financial results, both on Profit & Loss statement, as well as on the Balance Sheet.
- You gather information, through regular contacts with the HQ sales department and with our affiliates/ sales companies in the EMEA region, on the latest sales trends and new product developments for the product group under your control.
- You act as key contact for our factories to make an accurate planning, set the right priorities and to discuss longer term production requirements.
- You are involved in the continuous improvement of our supply chain structure and processes.
- In order to improve forecast accuracy, you will support best practices sharing amongst our affiliates.
- In case of supply constraints, you will discuss with your sales colleagues how to optimally allocate a portion of the supply to each affiliate. Additionally you will need to adapt distribution flows to counter logistic constraints.
- Your co-operation, with R&D, manufacturing and sales, is key to guarantee a fluent phase in - phase out of old and new products.
You will be part of an international team of approximately 20 people, each specialised in the characteristics of the supply chain for their product group(s) but using similar tools, as SAS, for forecasting, SAP R3 and APO. In the coming years, we will invest heavily in new technology, changing to SAP S4/Hana and implementing a new state-of-the-art Supply Chain Planning system.
Who you are
- You have a master degree (e.g. in economics, commercial engineering or in exact sciences) and a passion for Supply Chain Management.
- Relevant experience is a plus, but not a must.
- You are very communicative and a diplomatic negotiator.
- You are stress-resistant, have an analytical mind, come up with creative solutions and you’re numerically strong.
- You are a team player but can also work independently.
- You thrive in a world of continuous change and day-to-day new challenges.
- You have a certain affinity with technological products.
- You have a good to excellent knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- You speak and write fluent English, any other European language is an asset.
- You are willing to make occasional short trips abroad.
At Daikin you can count on a varied job, with an international market leader which encourages people to work together and develop. We can offer you a permanent contract. From the very beginning you can count on thorough training and intensive support. Your competitive salary is complemented by a package of extra-legal benefits.
Interested in strengthening our team?
Send your application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
OR register at www.daikin.eu/jobs. Follow the instructions and your CV will be automatically transmitted to us.
Maybe see you soon, because think about it… Daikin’s got the talent!