Ostend/Ghent - Belgium
As EMEA Development Centre (EDC), we develop air-conditioning, heating, refrigeration and ventilation products. As well controls and IOT solutions are developed. These are produced in different factories located within and outside Europe. These products are put on the market through our various Daikin distributors and affiliates within Europe, Middle East and Africa.
- As a Structural Development Engineer within our EMEA Development Centre, you will be involved in the various aspects of the structural development of residential air-to-water heat pumps.
- In collaboration with a specialised designer team, you will design and validate the full unit assembly; this contains selection of refrigerant and hydraulic components (valves, compressor, pumps, fans), piping assembly and metal/plastics casing. You will also take into account the quality (resistance, strength, sound, vibration,…), cost, manufacturability, sales and timing requirements.
- Because of you various technical interests, you could be involved in and/or take the lead on all parts of the development, this can involve thermodynamical aspects or software specifications.
Core tasks in these developments include:
- Define the mechanical specifications of the products in accordance with sales request, relevant regulations, quality standards and manufacturing constrains.
- Development of the mechanical design (part selection, assembly) in order to reach the required product specifications in collaboration with a team of specialized 3D designers.
- Determine which tests and evaluations the products must undergo and analyses the test results.
- Determine and execute relevant structural simulations to frontload or solve issues linked to the testing of the unit.
- Determine your own work-plan autonomously while taking the global planning within and outside EDC into account.
- Discuss your interim results with the management, make diagnoses and ensure the setting up and implementation of action plans to identify and avoid bottlenecks.
- Equally important is your role as contact person between EDC and other departments such as Sales, Procurement, Quality and Production, whereby you will acquire a good insight to the whole Daikin production process.
- You have a Master degree in engineering, for example in mechanical engineering, electromechanics or similar.
- You are a person with a strong technical interest, willing to lead and follow-up a project.
- You are a team player who is driven to find solutions for technical requirements and specific client enquiries.
- You enjoy playing an active role in projects and you have the requisite self-discipline to draw up timetables, make priorities and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of both spoken and written English are essential for this position. Knowledge of another European language is a plus.
- This vacancy is open to both recent graduates and candidates with experience.
At Daikin you can count on a varied job, with an international market leader which encourages people to work together and develop. We can offer you a permanent contract. You will become part of the EDC team which is engaged to make the world a greener place by introducing renewable alternatives in our cooling/heating market. You will be supported by a team of enthusiastic engineers. From the very beginning you can count on thorough training and intensive support. Your competitive salary is complemented by a package of extra-legal benefits.
Dijon - France
Nanterre - France