Short after the establishment of the European Design Center (EDC), the EMEA Electrics and control department was created. It is one of the fastest growing departments in order to facilitate and ensure the strong future growth of Daikin. This department is located in Ghent, Technology Park.
To strengthen the Support & Infrastructure Section, we are looking for a Software Test Engineer.
- As a Software Test Engineer, you identify weak spots and constantly design better and creative ways to test our software and identify potential problems in our test strategy.
- You use your knowledge of testing and testability to influence better software design, promote proper engineering practice, bug prevention strategies, testability, accessibility, privacy, and other advanced quality concepts across products.
- You define test strategies, make test plans and coordinate the execution (manual & automatic) for our range of software products( Apps, Cloud/PC, embedded).
- You plan and agree on actions in collaboration with the Software Project Leaders.
- Lead/collaborate on improving developer and engineering team's test coverage and release velocity.
- Work closely with development teams in instrumenting their workflow to build a comprehensive picture of velocity, coverage and quality.
- Hands-on ability to automate repeated tasks and build test coverage through existing or new infrastructure.
- Write moderately complex code/scripts to test systems, implementing test harnesses and infrastructure as necessary.
- master’s degree in a software development or related area
- at least additional experience in two of the following domains:
Test methodologies, ISTQB
Test management tools (Testlink…)
Multiple platforms (IOS, Android, Windows, Mac)
Test automation (RobotFramework, Jenkins, other CI/CD tools…)
IoT (mqtt, https…)
- like to take initiative, work in close collaboration with fellow developers and share your ideas and knowledge
- possess analytical skills and eye for detail and quality
- communicative and assertive when required
- fully conversational in English
This challenging position offers you growth opportunities at the European headquarters of global leading company. We offer a permanent contract for an indefinite period. From the start you can count on thorough training and intensive support. Your competitive salary is supplemented with an attractive package of fringe benefits. Colleagues get the possibility to work from home 2 days every week.