Daikin Europe is hiring a Software Quality Engineer for the development of embedded software in Ghent .
As a Software Quality Engineer you’ll be in charge of ensuring the quality for these embedded software solutions for different Daikin product ranges and their options, in cooperation with the development team, the quality team and our suppliers.
Passionate about embedded platforms? Are you eager to build up a bright career within a fast growing and expanding organisation? Want to work in an office with a view “nearby Ghent”, in a dynamic and diverse team ? You are ready for your next step as a software engineer? Capable of thinking on a conceptual level? Don’t look any further and apply here!
The EMEA Electrics and Controls department, located at Tech Lane Ghent Science Park, is one of the fastest growing departments withing the EMEA Development Centre of Daikin.
The Department is responsible for development and improvement of controls: room controls, unit controls, App and cloud controls.
Part of our work involves:
Embedded software development
Cloud and App development
Throughout the development steps we combine “in house” development and strategic cooperation with external partners to enhance our products, keeping them amongst the best in the industry. All Daikin departments have a close collaboration to ensure high quality products for the Daikin EMEA market.
Within our Equipment Controls team, our engineers work in their field of expertise (embedded hardware and software). The team is responsible for the delivery of the total embedded solution, starting from market requirements, specifications, design, making of the hardware and software in collaboration with suppliers, up to the maintenance of the delivered solution.
As a Software Quality Engineer you will be in charge of the overall end-to-end test strategy for our embedded software solutions.
Your tasks will be:
- In coordination with the different stakeholders (development teams, suppliers, test teams, etc…), create the overall end-to-end test strategy for our embedded software solutions.
- Follow up and report to the project lead regarding the execution of the test strategy.
- Provide our test teams with the required input to enable the creation of the detailed test plans. Review test plans.
- Follow up reported issues, coordinate the necessary actions to enable issues to be closed with the different stakeholders.
- Propose and execute actions to improve the quality assurance process, including promoting and facilitating component level testing at our suppliers.
- Investigate, analyse and propose countermeasures for field quality issues in cooperation with our QA department and the development teams.
- You feel a strong match with the Daikin Vision and want to work on innovative products to fight climate change.
- You have a Master’s Degree in Electronics or ICT.
- You have experience working technically on embedded hardware/software.
- You are interested in software quality.
- (Nice to have) You have a first relevant experience working on software quality for complex embedded projects.
- You are a strong team player and good communicator.
- You thrive in a dynamic fast-paced environment and can adapt quickly to change.
- You strive for consensus between stakeholders in the project.
- You have an innovative mindset.
This challenging position offers you growth opportunities at the European headquarters of global leading company. We offer a permanent contract for an indefinite period. From the start you can count on thorough training and intensive support. Your competitive salary is supplemented with an attractive package of fringe benefits.