Hubbard Products Ltd., is one of the UK’s leading designers, manufacturers and suppliers of commercial cooling equipment and has earned an enviable Global reputation for innovation and design-led excellence.
With a history that spans more than 50 years, Hubbard have an enviable reputation for being a manufacturer of innovative, energy efficient, high quality and reliable refrigeration solutions.
Hubbard Products are now part of the Daikin Group of companies and have exciting growth plans for the business over the future years.
As a member Zanotti and of the Daikin Group, Hubbard is located in Ipswich and has over 170 employees. Some of our workforce are field-based and work remotely on customer sites. We consider our workforce to be a valuable asset and the success of our company is enabled by the dedication and development of our staff.
About the job
The Software Engineer is responsible for delivery of bespoke software across multiple control system interfaces throughout our product range.
You will work closely with the senior software engineer and the electrical design manager, also occasionally with our inhouse design team.
About the Business area
Hubbard serves the cool chain supply sector offering a wide range of refrigeration solutions to clients, this role reports to the senior software engineer and provides frontline support to clients.
Please apply at the following link
- Under the direction of the senior software designer, the post holder with responsible for managing their own weekly and monthly tasks.
- Programming tasks have a high value time input and software can be produced in periods of days to months depending on the task, but under direction of the senior software engineer.
- The post holder will use problem solving skills to debug software in a time bound manner to meet client expectations.
- The post holder will assist in the production of software and hardware manuals for the internal service department.
- Electrical/Electronics knowledge
- Experience of discreet logic/programming principles
- Using company design platforms to assist in developing bespoke/custom/complex PLC focused applications.
- To assist the service and design teams with both new developments and maintaining previous developments as part of a continuous improvement cycle
- Integration of PLC/other devices
- Logging/communications for telematics-based services.
- Gather customer and field feedback for development/improvement cycle.
- Assisting and diagnosing technical investigations and provide solutions for issues that arise in the field.
- Testing/debugging experience.
- Software engineering higher certificate or HND in software design.
- Mechanical knowledge HVAC / Refrigeration / Expansion Cycle
- Knowledge of Carel PLC’s / 1Tool
- Experience of networking and principles, knowledge of various industry standard protocols such as MODBUS, BACNET, Fieldbus
- Desirable, Some professional experience in design in the refrigeration sector
- Desirable, Experience working with SAP or similar ERP
- Desirable, Experience with different compressor technologies
- Desirable Experience with CO2 systems.
- An understanding of UK and international standards and regulations
- Advanced organizational skills, time management and result oriented
- High level of professional integrity
- Structural mindset
- Problem solving
- Ability to build strong professional relationships and inspire confidence and trust
- Have the confidence to challenge colleagues where openness and debate is required.
- Excellent teamwork
- Excellent spoken and written English
We offer a competitive salary and a range of great benefits that help make Hubbard Products a great place to work. These include:
- 24 days annual leave
- Defined pension contribution plan
- Life Assurance
- Continued professional development, including study leave and financial support for role related qualifications
- Recruitment referral scheme
- Long service awards
- On-site parking
Please apply at the following link