Ghent - Belgium
Daikin Gent is hiring a Software Engineer for Software Development of Cloud Solutions. As a Software Engineer you will acquire deep technical knowledge of the solutions we are building. Together with a good understanding of the business requirements, you will use this knowledge to correctly steer our development partners. You work mostly in an agile environment and together with the project team you strive for a good balance between the quality, cost and timely delivery of product features.
Interested by IoT and app/web development? You want to work in an office with a view nearby Gent? You are ready for your next step as a software engineer? You are capable to think on a conceptual level? Don’t look any further and apply here!
As a Software Engineer within our European Development Center, you are our technical expert and you’ll make sure that our requirements are translated correctly towards our external partners. You won’t be coding as such but you will oversee the development activities to make sure everything is delivered meeting the requirements. Your tasks will be:
- The formulation of software and user interface specifications, in line with the requirements you capture from our stakeholders (business, architects, security, …).
- Communicate the requirements for the development and testing of the software to our external partners.
- Take ownership of your development tracks at our software suppliers. Correctly prioritize and followup the developments together with the product owner, to make sure their deliverables meet our requirements and standards
- As a technical expert on the products you develop, assist the team with the 3rd line support. You analyse issues, propose countermeasures and make sure they are implemented with the correct priority
- follow technological evolutions within your field of expertise and formulate proposals to include them in our developments.
- You have a Master Degree in Electronics or IT
- You are interested in software development.
- You have more than 5y of experience within a software development environment.
- You have a strong interest or a proven track record in subjects like: Internet of Things, machine to machine communication, App/web development …
- You are a team player who is driven to find solutions for technical requirements and specific client enquiries.
- You are capable of thinking on a conceptual level.
- You have an innovative mindset.
At Daikin you can count on a varied job, with an international market leader which encourages people to work together and develop. We can offer you a permanent contract. From the very beginning you can count on thorough training and intensive support. Your competitive salary is complemented by a package of extra-legal benefits.
Location: Technologiepark Zwijnaarde 19, 9052 Ghent
Dijon - France
Nanterre - France