The EMEA Solution Department is part of the EMEA Development Centre. This department supports the product development in the R&D process of new products. During the development of a product, many prototypes are made and testing is performed in order to guarantee the quality of the final product. In order to improve the quality, cost and delivery of the final product even further, unit building and testing is gradually being supported and even replaced by Computer Aided Engineering (CAE).
Daikin Europe N.V.
Daikin Europe N.V. is the European headquarters of the Japanese company, Daikin Industries Ltd. We design, manufacture and distribute air conditioning and heating systems for commercial, residential and industrial applications. Our headquarters are located in Brussels and Ostend, but through our sales networks we also have a presence throughout Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
We are the market leader in the field of air conditioning and also offer Total Comfort Solutions in the fields of cooling, heating, ventilation and related techniques.
In addition, as a company we are constantly expanding, with extensive international contacts, a pleasant, stimulating working environment, extensive training and coaching, ... Daikin Europe N.V. has many trump cards. However, our highly motivated employees are our greatest asset. That is why we are always looking for new talent. Maybe you will become a new pioneer for Daikin in innovative technology, and will help to improve the comfort of millions of people!
As simulation engineer you will use your expertise to support the ongoing simulations in the product development and cooperate to improve model build-up, model simulation and model validation methods. Communication, coordination and training will be essential to fulfil this function.
For this function the focus is mainly on structural simulations.
Your responsibilities are:
- Perform structural simulations as a core task.
- Investigate which simulations contribute the most in the development of our products.
- Investigate how model creation can be done faster and more accurately.
- Investigate the use of new simulation tools to expand the possibilities of simulations.
- Define standard model validation methods.
- Define good practice rules to perform the simulation.
- Define standard methods to analyse and report simulation results.
- Support development teams in the simulation of their units.
- Set-up trainings for the development teams based on the performed investigations and defined actions.
- Report clearly about the investigations.
- You have a Master engineering degree, good understanding of mechanics and vibrations;
- This position is open to candidates with experience in Finite Element Analysis;
- Knowledge of SimCenter3D/Nastran is a benefit;
- You have a creative mind and are eager to look for innovative solutions;
- You have an analytical background and problem solving mindset;
- You are able to work in an autonomous manner and can take initiative;
- You master the art of constructive dialogue;
- Good knowledge of English is essential.
At Daikin you can count on a varied job, with an international market leader which encourages people to work together and develop. We can offer you a permanent contract. From the very beginning you can count on thorough training and intensive support. Your competitive salary is complemented by a package of extra-legal benefits.
Interested in strengthening our team?
Send your application letter and CV, preferably by email, to email@example.com
Or register at www.daikin.eu/jobs Follow the instructions and your CV will be automatically transmitted to us.
Maybe see you soon, because think about it… Daikin’s got the talent!