Daikin Europe N.V. is the European headquarters of the Japanese company, Daikin Industries Ltd. We design, manufacture and distribute air conditioning, refrigeration and heating systems for commercial, residential and industrial applications. Our headquarters are located in Brussels and Ostend, but through our manufacturing facilities and sales networks we also have a presence throughout Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
We are the market leader in the field of air conditioning and also offer Total Comfort Solutions in the fields of cooling, heating, ventilation and related techniques.
In addition, as a company we are constantly expanding, with extensive international contacts, a pleasant, stimulating working environment, extensive training and coaching, ... Daikin Europe N.V. has many trump cards. However, our highly motivated employees are our greatest asset. That is why we are always looking for new talent.
The mission of the Internal Audit Department is to provide independent and objective assurance and consulting services that add value and improve the organization’s operations. It helps the organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the control, governance and risk management processes.
Within Daikin Europe, the Internal Audit team conducts audit engagements, at entity or process level, following a risk-based audit plan and report the result of these assessments to the Audit Committee, Board of Directors and local Management. To strengthen our international team we are looking for a talented individual to fill the position of Senior Internal Auditor.
You will be part of an international team that executes operational audit engagement covering small to large organizations in Europe, Middle East and Africa as well as complex business processes. As part of this team you will:
- Take responsibility for operational audit engagements end-to-end, from planning to execution and report issuance, in affiliates of the Daikin Europe Group in accordance with department methodology and IIA standards;
- Participate in the management of J-SOX compliance over the Daikin Europe Group;
- Manage internal and external resources, act as role model for less experienced staff members, support them in the development of their business and audit knowledge, provide on the job training, and set the tone by enthusiastically facilitating knowledge exchange;
- Most of the time work together with your colleagues during the audit assignments but sometimes you also will perform audits independently;
- Come forward with high quality results; you verbally communicate your findings – i.e. solid issues and strong improvement advice – to senior management and you draft a comprehensive and complete report of the audit area;
- Maintain and improve existing internal audit methodologies: content, work instructions, KRI, training material;
- Develop qualitative internal audit work programs depending on the requirement of the audit plan and of the organization;
- Maximize the usage of the IT systems (SAP, BO, PowerBI, CELONIS) to drive the efficiency and quality of the audit approach and substantiate audit findings;
- Actively participate in the roll-out of strategic projects for the IA department.
- You have a Master degree (or equivalent by experience) and have at least 8 years of (industry) experience in at least 2 different business processes (e.g. sales, manufacturing, accounting, planning …) and/or internal/external audit experience.
- You have a passion for facts and figures and dispose of a strong analytical mind.
- Internal audit certification (e.g., CIA, CPA, CISA or equivalent) is desired.
- You have a strong understanding of SAP and experience with leveraging data analysis tools is a plus.
- Knowledge of Finance and Accounting, or experience in an operational role.
- You are a good team player with very strong work ethics and always act by example.
- You have an open and active mind.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills, fluent in English (written and spoken). Any knowledge of other European languages is an asset.
- You are flexible and willing to travel within the EMEA region (25 to 35%).
- You are looking for a permanent position in audit, or you would be interested to see it as a 2 to 3 years investment in your further career development within the Daikin Group.
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job with an international market leader that stimulates its people to grow and to work together. We offer you an open ended contract. You will be given extensive training and will be well supported from the start. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits.