Ghent - Belgium
Daikin Gent is looking for a Senior embedded SW engineer for several IT projects.
As a senior SW engineer, you’ll be in charge of introducing new platforms from SW point of view in a close collaboration with the HW team.
Are you passionate about embedded SW engineering and open source?
Are you a team player?
Are you eager to build up a bright career within a fast growing and expanding organisation?
Well, then you are the person we are looking for the reinforce our team.
- Develop/code the designed features/solutions.
- Elaborate the functional and structural breakdown into SW components & modules.
- Define the dynamical behaviour of the software
- Validate the feasibility of the solution: model simulation, mock-up
- Select SW Tools, Methodology and coding rules, strictly following desired target.
- Provide technical leadership to the team on application (embedded SW) and infrastructure design (CI/CD), integrating applications with existing environments, ongoing performance optimization, and process improvement.
- Contribute to continuous improvement (RoE: Return of Experience, process …)
- Define main technical choices for SW development: Select the technical solutions and decide on the ‘how’ to implement.
- Arbitrate and validate major SW design choices and define SW Coding strategy (ex: encoding,).
SW Architecture and requirements management
- Contribute to the elaboration of product/system specification & architecture, in collaboration with the product owner.
- Develop/implement the designed features.
- Define the software requirements specifications (SRS)
- Define the software architecture, based on input form the product owner and in collaboration with other teams
- Based on established functional requirements, define operational requirements, interfaces requirements and the requirements linked to connectivity, performance, production … constraints
- Ensure that all the requirements can be validated (testability, …)
- Allocate the requirements to the SW components /modules
- Define the interfaces between the SW components / modules
- Leadership and soft skills capabilities are key in this role
- Very good organization / rigorous / reliable
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have a professional & accountable attitude.
- Have a natural project minded approach.
- Flexible and have a result-driven approach
- Team player
- Have good reporting capabilities
- Master's degree in Computer Science/Electronics.
- Relevant experience in embedded software development for at least 6 years.
- Experience with C and C++ programming,
- Experience with scripting in Python, Bash, …
- Experience with test driven design.
- Knowledge of Linux and embedded operating systems like FreeRTOS, Zephyr, ...
- Knowledge of microcontroller and microprocessor-based systems (STM32, ESP, …),
- Knowledge of embedded development tools for Arm (gdb, cross-compilers, …)
- Familiarity with embedded system design, low-level hardware/software interaction and real-time processing requirements and be able to understand electronic designs.
- Knowledge of wireless technologies (BLE, Wifi, Zigbee, …)
- Understand of TCP/IP protocols
- Knowledge of Agile & SCRUM is a plus
- Experience with DevOps tools (Git, …)
Rhône-Alpes/Auvergne - France
BRON - France