Daikin Europe is hiring a Senior Embedded Software Engineer in Ghent .
As a senior embedded software engineer you will acquire deep technical knowledge of the solutions we are building and maintaining. Together with a good understanding of the business requirements and the Daikin products , you will use this knowledge to correctly steer our development partners. Together with the project team you strive for a good balance between the quality, cost and timely delivery of embedded software solutions.
Passionate about embedded platforms? Are you eager to build up a bright career within a fast growing and expanding organisation? Want to work in an office with a view “nearby Ghent”, in a dynamic and diverse team ? You are ready for your next step as a software engineer? Capable of thinking on a conceptual level? Don’t look any further and apply here!
The EMEA Electrics and Controls department, located at Tech Lane Ghent Science Park, is one of the fastest growing departments withing the EMEA Development Centre of Daikin.
The Department is responsible for development and improvement of controls: room controls, unit controls, App and cloud controls.
Part of our work involves:
Embedded software development
Cloud and App development
Throughout the development steps we combine “in house” development and strategic cooperation with external partners to enhance our products, keeping them amongst the best in the industry. All Daikin departments have a close collaboration to ensure high quality products for the Daikin EMEA market.
Within our Equipment Controls team, our engineers work in their field of expertise (embedded hardware and software). The team is responsible for the delivery of the total embedded solution, starting from market requirements, specifications, design, making of the hardware and software in collaboration with suppliers, up to the maintenance of the delivered solution.
As a senior embedded software engineer you are our technical expert and you’ll make sure that your requirements are translated correctly towards our external partners. You will not be coding as such but you will oversee the development activities to make sure everything is delivered meeting the requirements.
Your tasks will be:
- The formulation of software and user interface specifications, in line with the requirements you capture from our stakeholders (business, quality, product development, own improvements, …)
- Communicate the requirements for the development and testing of the software to our external partners.
- Take ownership of your development tracks at our software suppliers. Correctly prioritize and follow up the developments together with the product owner, to make sure their deliverables meet our requirements and standards.
- As a technical expert on the products you develop, assist the team with support, analysing issues, proposing countermeasures and making sure they are implemented with the correct priority.
- Follow technological evolutions within your field of expertise and formulate proposals to include them in our developments.
- Coordinate on technical level a team of junior embedded software engineers.
- You feel a strong match with the Daikin Vision and want to work on innovative products to fight climate change.
- You have a Master’s Degree in Electronics or ICT.
- You are interested in embedded software development.
- You have experience working technically on embedded hardware/software.
- You are a strong team player who is driven to find solutions for technical requirements and are capable of thinking on a conceptual level.
- You are a strong communicator.
- You thrive in a dynamic fast-paced environment and can adapt quickly to change.
- You strive for consensus between stakeholders in the project.
- You have an innovative mindset.
This challenging position offers you growth opportunities at the European headquarters of global leading company. We offer a permanent contract for an indefinite period. From the start you can count on thorough training and intensive support. Your competitive salary is supplemented with an attractive package of fringe benefits. Colleagues get the possibility to work from home 2 days every week.