We are looking for a SAP Project Lead to support the processes related to Finance, Accounting and Costing.
Our IT Center EMEA counts 3 departments: IT Planning (PLAN), IT Development (BUILD) and IT Infrastructure (RUN). IT Development has 2 competence centres: Madrid and Ostend. You will be part of IT Development in Ostend that will relocate to Oostkamp in 2023.
The IT Development department in Belgium consists of 20 internal colleagues strengthened with external consultants and an offshore team. The group is young and dynamic with a good team spirit and open communication structure. We implement innovative IT solutions for our 7500+ Daikin colleagues all over Europe & Middle East.
After an introduction and training period, your main challenges will be:
- Acting as the Project Lead of different (international) projects within the FI/CO area. You will be involved in roll-out projects across EMEA and projects implementing new functionality.
- In doing so, you take into account every step of the “Daikin Software Development Life Cycle” and the “project management methodology” to deliver high-quality IT solutions towards business. This also includes the presence of clear documentation and the hand-over to our IT Operations Team. This will require you to coordinate a team of internal & external IT colleagues and developers.
- Coordinating, analysing & implementing improvement requests in your area of expertise in close cooperation with your business peers, internal IT colleagues and our offshore team. This with a critical, though constructive mindset taking best practices and standardization into account. Although we hand-over live projects to our RUN team, assistance in 3rd line IT support is sometimes required.
- You are prepared to present your area of expertise towards key users and management.
- You will follow and explore the future roadmap on IT solutions in your FI/CO area. This includes studying, planning and driving innovation. Concrete opportunities for innovation are the upgrade to S/4HANA (where we successfully migrated to in August '22) and recent evolutions in AI.
- You have a master’s degree as economist, engineer, computer scientist or equal by relevant experience.
- 3 or more years of relevant experience in similar IT-surrounding as key-user or as analyst is a strong advantage.
- You have an analytical & innovative spirit and interest in our company’s need to grow & accelerate.
- You are pragmatic and have a strong interest in recent IT evolutions and technologies.
- You have a solution-oriented mind-set and a drive to continuously improve your area.
- You have the necessary self-discipline to make and follow-up a planning.
- You are a team player and try to establish and keep a good relationship with both your IT and business colleagues.
- You have good communication skills and are not afraid to present to groups.
- You are prepared to occasionally travel to Daikin group companies in EMEA.
- You have a very good knowledge of English.
This challenging position offers you growth opportunities in the European headquarters of an international company. We offer a permanent contract for an indefinite period. From the start you can count on thorough training and intensive support. Your competitive salary is supplemented with a package of fringe benefits. Colleagues get the possibility to work from home 2 days every week.