The EMEA Electrics and Control Department , located in Ghent -Technology Park, is one of the fastest growing departments and is part of the EMEA Development Center.
The Department is responsible for :
- Development of embedded software & hardware
- Cloud and App development
Throughout the development steps we combine “in house” development and strategic cooperation with external partners to enhance our products, keeping them amongst the best in the industry. All Daikin departments have a close collaboration to ensure high quality products for the Daikin EMEA market. Our developments start from the early research and innovation, over design, implementation, testing, till a product that is ready for sales.
To ensure good progress our department we are looking for a project leader who will engage the team and maintaining a friendly cooperative and productive work environment.
As a Project leader you’ll be in charge for the advanced development and innovation phase of control solutions and related software for different Daikin products ranges.
You’ll be in charge to overview the entire project from beginning to implementation. The goal of your efforts is to ensure that your projects are planned, executed and delivered in time, on budget, while meeting the research and innovation expectations.
Interested by innovation? Want to work in an office” with a view “nearby Gent? Capable of thinking on a conceptual level? But most of all, do you a have real coordination and communication skills? 3 times yes !?! Don’t look any further and apply here!
- As Project Leader you are part of a team responsible for the advanced development and innovation phase for the different Daikin product ranges.
- You coordinate and take ownership of several innovative software projects in the domain of controls (AI, machine learning, data science, advanced controls).
- You handle the program management in cooperation with the project team so that all business needs are met within budget and foreseen timeframe, you prepare and present internal design reviews and make consolidated status reports towards management.
- You drive, coach and follow-up a team of colleagues.
- You manage the issues and risks within the project.
- You maintain contacts with the internal stakeholders.
- You obtained a Master or PhD degree engineering in Automation, Mechatronics or Electronics, with a specific interest in software development.
- You have a first relevant experience with project management/project lead.
- You have a strong interest or a proven track record in subjects like: Data science, machine learning, Advanced controls and automation
- You are a strong team player, good communicator.
- You thrive in a dynamic fast-paced environment and can adapt quickly to change.
- You strive for consensus between the stakeholders in the project.
- You have an innovative mindset.
At Daikin you can count on a varied job, with an international market leader which encourages people to work together and develop. We can offer you an open-ended permanent contract. From the very beginning you can count on thorough training and intensive support. Your competitive salary is complemented by a package of extra-legal benefits. Colleagues get the possibility to work from home 2 days every week.