Daikin Europe is hiring a Project leader for the development of embedded hardware and software in Ghent .
As a project leader you’ll be in charge for the design, development and maintenance of embedded hardware and software solutions for different Daikin product ranges and their options.
You’ll be in charge to overview the entire project from beginning to implementation. The goal of your efforts is to ensure that your projects are delivered in time, on budget, while ensuring the quality and safety of the total end-to-end solution.
Passionate about embedded platforms? Are you eager to build up a bright career within a fast growing and expanding organisation? Want to work in an office with a view “nearby Ghent”, in a dynamic and diverse team ? Capable of thinking on a conceptual level? But most of all, do you have real coordination and communication skills? Don’t look any further and apply here!
The EMEA Electrics and Controls department, located at Tech Lane Ghent Science Park, is one of the fastest growing departments withing the EMEA Development Centre of Daikin.
The Department is responsible for development and improvement of controls: room controls, unit controls, App and cloud controls.
Part of our work involves:
Embedded software development
Cloud and App development
Throughout the development steps we combine “in house” development and strategic cooperation with external partners to enhance our products, keeping them amongst the best in the industry. All Daikin departments have a close collaboration to ensure high quality products for the Daikin EMEA market.
Within our Equipment Controls team, our engineers work in their field of expertise (embedded hardware and software). The team is responsible for the delivery of the total embedded solution, starting from market requirements, specifications, design, making of the hardware and software in collaboration with suppliers, up to the maintenance of the delivered solution.
- As project leader you are part of a team responsible for the design and development of embedded solutions for the different Daikin product ranges.
- You make a planning in cooperation with the project team so that all business needs are met within budget and foreseen timeframe, you prepare and present internal design reviews and make consolidated status reports towards management.
- You drive, coach and follow up a team of colleagues and/or external partners.
- You manage the issues and risks within the project.
- You maintain contacts will all stakeholders.
- You feel a strong match with the Daikin Vision and want to work on innovative products to fight climate change.
- You have a Master’s Degree in Electronics or ICT.
- You have experience working technically on embedded hardware/software.
- (Nice to have) You have a first relevant experience with project management / project lead .
- You have a strong interest in project management and embedded hardware/software .
- You are a strong team player and good communicator.
- You thrive in a dynamic fast-paced environment and can adapt quickly to change.
- You strive for consensus between stakeholders in the project.
- You have an innovative mindset.
This challenging position offers you growth opportunities at the European headquarters of global leading company. We offer a permanent contract for an indefinite period. From the start you can count on thorough training and intensive support. Your competitive salary is supplemented with an attractive package of fringe benefits. Colleagues get the possibility to work from home 2 days every week.