Within our EMEA Development Centre, and more specific in the Advanced Solutions Department, the Parts Reliability Section is responsible for the reliability judgment of newly developed and selected parts that will be used in our new products.
This validation is done by carefully setting up the required specifications and through evaluation and testing of prototypes. This in close cooperation with our unit design groups and part suppliers.
A big challenge, because our products and consequently their parts need detailed verification, in order to validate their performance and reliability towards the wide application and operation area.
- Design and follow up the construction of specific reliability test setups such as lifetime, heat shock, … for future Daikin parts
- Responsibility of the controls and follow up of the life time tests
- Closely cooperate with Unit Product Development to define part criteria e.g. functional specs, lifetime specs, best matching quality vs cost balance, …
- Closely cooperate with our main part suppliers to setup the needed parts testing and critically evaluate the results.
- In case of issues, deeply analyze and determine root-cause followed by formulating fitting countermeasures.
- Report to the Parts Reliability Manager and during the Development Review meetings.
- You obtained your Master Engineering degree preferably Mechanical or Electromechanical
- You have a solid background or strong interest in heat pumps & air-conditioning system parts (pumps, heat exchanger, pressure vessels, storage tanks, compressor, plastic water blocks, …)
- You have an interest in programmable controllers such as Arduino, PLCs, National Instruments cards or likewise. Experience with one of these programs is a plus.
- You have a hands-on mentality and you like to evaluate the prototype in actual application (Gemba).
- You have a critical mind set and drive to achieve the objective successfully.
- You have the ability to react efficiently to occurring changes and problems (e.g. keep schedule without lowering the quality level).
- You are a team player and have an openness to cooperate within the entire organization.
- You have a very good knowledge of English. Knowledge of another European language is a plus.
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job with an international market leader that stimulates its people to grow and to work together. We offer you an open ended contract. You will be given extensive training and will be well supported from the start. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits.