Daikin Europe is hiring a Product Owner for Embedded Software/systems in our EMEA Electrics and control department. It is one of the fastest growing departments in order to facilitate and ensure the strong future growth of Daikin. This department is located in Gent, Technology Park.
As a Product Owner you will be responsible for the development of our inhouse coding team, that focusses on embedded software solutions for the different Daikin product ranges. You’ll be leading a strong technical team including but not limited to architects, developers, CI/CD Engineers, scrum master...
- You work closely together with our internal stakeholders to define and maintain use cases and product requirements.
- You are in charge of defining and enforcing the way of working with the development teams.
- You set and balance priorities across in the team, you coordinate and track the process.
- You work together with our architects and team members to provide the necessary input to the development teams.
- You define the user stories together with the development team.
- You represent your team in the project meetings and as such you are in charge for managing the quality, cost, and delivery time.
- You report a clear status to the project leader and business stakeholders.
- You can take up the role of projects with a smaller project team.
- You have a Master Degree in Electronics or IT, with a specific interest in software development.
- You have 2 to 3 years relevant experience as a Product Owner or with leading an embedded software team.
- You are a strong communicator with a positive attitude.
- You strive for consensus.
- You have experience with agile development, for example as scrum master.
- You have a strong interest or a proven track record in subjects like Internet of Things, machine to machine communication, robotics, user interfaces, smart grid …
- You are a team player who is driven to find solutions for technical requirements and specific client enquiries.
- You have experience in coordinating projects.
At Daikin you can count on a varied job, with an international market leader which encourages people to work together and develop. We can offer you an open-ended permanent contract. From the very beginning you can count on thorough training and intensive support. Your competitive salary is complemented by a package of extra-legal benefits. Colleagues get the possibility to work from home 2 days every week.
Location: Technologiepark Zwijnaarde 122, 9052 Ghent