The Logistics headquarter department in Ostend is part of the European Supply Centre division that co-ordinates supply and demand for the distribution of finished air-conditioning equipment.
The Logistics team is responsible for the goods and information flow of finished products and for the delivery to customers. Customer service and cost control are very important key-words within the department.
1) Viewing in the unprecedented changes as an opportunity , establish a SCM process that integrates , sales, factory, procurement, and logistics operations based on digitalized, integrated , and end-to- end supply chain information. By doing so, improve both supply agility and operational efficiency to differentiate ourselves from competitors
2) By thoroughly pursuing the resiliency and efficiency of the entire supply chains, aim to become a logistics division that offers new value to differentiate us from competitors and contributes to reducing global environmental impacts
The role is in the Logistics department, section Planning & Improvements.
The section manager is in charge for 3 colleagues and this role is an extra colleague to support further growth.
As a dynamic Logistics Planning Officer, you are responsible for a variety of activities:
- Follow-up key performance indicators
- Participate in daily improvement projects
- Actively contribute to strategic changes
- Search for and promote best practices within the logistics network (up and downstream)
- Ensure logistics flows are organised in the most efficient and transparent way
- Work in close cooperation with all European Logistics colleagues
- Improve and expand the reporting on CO2. Close follow-up on initiatives
- Directly report to the logistics management and senior management
- Follow-up service and cost on the actions defined
- You have a Master degree in Economics or Engineer and you have a passion for Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
- A couple of years (3-5 years) of experience in a similar or commercial function would be a plus but is not essential.
- You have strong communication skills and are fluent in English.
- You are willing to make occasional short trips abroad.
- Your strong analytical skills (reports, excel,…) are combined with significant communication and social skills.
- You are a team-player and customer-oriented. You are motivated by change and take initiative to introduce new improvements. You are able to handle stress and to use it in a positive way.