You will be part of the HR Service Center, a team of HR-specialists , aiming for excellent employee experience, by offering a highly efficient, digital service and personal advice in all personnel and HR legal topics.
As HR legal specialist in this team you will focus on the legal compliance of our HR services and processes in all aspects of Belgian employment law ‘from hiring till retiring’, including payroll and employee benefits administration and international mobility operational processes.
In addition to your direct colleagues in the HR Service Center, you will also have intensive professional contacts with the other HR Teams (HR Center of Expertise resp. HR Strategic Business Partners).
You will work in our office in Ostend (minimum 2 or 3 days / week).
- You provide hands-on, legal advice on local employment topics towards HR colleagues and management in the HQ. These topics include legal aspects of talent contracting, labour conditions, social security and payroll tax, employee benefits, international mobility, suspension and termination of employment relations etc.,
- You assist in solving daily local employment questions from the business and other HR colleagues.
- You are involved in different local projects, e.g. set-up of a legal compliant and up-to-date employee self-service portal, , development of future-proof company labour rules under Belgian labour laws, drafting in-company collective bargaining agreements, etc.
- You proactively follow-up on the developments of Belgian employment law to support a legal compliant implementation thereof in line with the business needs, and share your expertise within the HR division.
- You are the legal liaison for the local HR organization to follow up on corporate legal matters and company rules such as related to contract management, GDPR, J-Sox, information security and other risk management reporting activities.
- You actively contribute to the development of local process-improvements, implemented via specific projects.
- A Master’s degree in Law
- Experience in Belgian employment law and social law
- Good communication skills
- A hands-on personality, with a proactive approach
- A result and improvement-oriented mindset
- You learn fast in a challenging environment
- The skills of a team player and a networker, which enables you to maintain a good relationship with all your stakeholders
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal; any other language is highly appreciate
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job within an international market leader that stimulates its people to grow and to work together. We offer you an open ended contract. You will be given extensive training and will be well supported from the start. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits. A car can be part of the package.