Daikin Europe N.V. is the EMEA headquarters of the Japanese company, Daikin Industries Ltd. We design, manufacture and distribute air conditioning and heating systems for commercial, residential and industrial applications. Our headquarters are located in Brussels and Ostend, but through our sales networks we also have a presence throughout Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
We are the market leader in the field of air conditioning and also offer Total Comfort Solutions in the fields of cooling, heating, refrigeration, ventilation and related techniques.
In addition, as a company we are constantly expanding, with extensive international contacts, a pleasant, stimulating working environment, extensive training and coaching, ... Daikin Europe N.V. has many trump cards. However, our highly motivated employees are our greatest asset. That is why we are always looking for new talent.
The Legal department of Daikin Europe N.V. is looking for a Legal Assistant to strengthen its team in Ostend.
The Legal department is in charge of the general legal support of the Daikin Europe Group, active in Europe, Middle East and Africa such as monitoring and ensuring that the Group’s various activities are consistent with the (national and/or international) laws and regulations, GDPR, contract management, assistance in various projects including M&A and to identify (legal) risks, internal and external, which can cause a negative impact on the Daikin business and image.
You will assist the Legal department in various projects, which will include:
- Involvement in contract management follow up;
- Quarterly reporting;
- Monitoring GDPR checks;
- Assistance with the implementation of a new system;
- J-SOX control follow up;
- Management of key information from Legal in the intranet system;
- Undertaking a role in the e-learning and training programs;
- Facilitating legal meetings (preparation, secretarial role and follow up actions);
- Providing support with small legal tasks for different applications;
- Corporate housekeeping;
- Ad hoc administrative tasks.
- You have a Bachelor in Business Administration or Secretarial Studies with an affinity for law; or equivalent through professional experience;
- You are a dedicated team-player willing to assist the legal team;
- You are organized and can ensure confidentially;
- You work with precision and punctuality;
- You are flexible in terms of changing priorities when required and can work proactively;
- You have strong communication skills, both written and oral;
- Fluency in English is a must, knowledge of another European language is considered an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, ….)
At Daikin you can count on a varied job, with an international market leader which encourages people to work together. You will work in a solid and growing company which is a world leader, encouraging its employees to flourish. You will be part of a professional and dynamic team;
Daikin Europe N.V. offers a package of competitive salary related to experience/talents and a package of extra-legal benefits.
Send your motivation letter and CV preferably by e-mail to email@example.com.
OR Register yourself at www.daikin.eu/jobs. Just follow the instructions and your application will be automatically sent to us.