Ostend - Belgium
IT Center EMEA counts 3 departments: IT Planning (PLAN), IT Development (BUILD) and IT Infrastructure (RUN). IT Development has 2 competence centres: Madrid and Ostend. You will be part of IT Development in Ostend (Belgium).
This department consists of 20 internal colleagues strengthened with external consultants and an offshore team. The group is young and dynamic with a good team spirit and open communication. We implement innovative IT solutions for our 7500+ Daikin group colleagues all over Europe & Middle East.
In support of Daikin Europe’s ambitious business strategy ‘Fusion25’ on digital transformation, we have designed a Data & Analytics strategy based on a brand new hybrid data platform including big data with advanced analytics and ML/AI capabilities
We are looking for someone to start an on-the-job-training that will allow him/her to take on a Data & Analytics Solution Architect Role. The function will lead to a position in which you will lead and support the initiatives related to data insight, business intelligence, AI and data governance covering all business areas.
After an extensive introduction and training period, your main challenges will be:
- In cooperation with the colleagues of IT and the international key users, you will analyse the requirements on management reporting and data insights in a wide range of business areas (manufacturing, logistics, finance, supply planning, sales, master data, R&D, HR,…).
- As solution architect, you’ll draft implementation proposals based on our existing centralized SAP BI/BO platform or our new Microsoft Azure & Power BI platform or newer niche technologies.
- As data architect, you will manage and document an overall view on our data assets, as opportunity to improve or create new Daikin business (data management, data monetisation). You will co-create our data platform where data from different existing platforms (internal or external, structured or non-structured) can be combined in a consistent well-designed data & analytics architecture.
- You will explore latest technology to cope with big data challenges (connecting machines, products, cloud platforms,… ) and adding advanced analytics, artificial intelligence (AI) & Machine Learning (ML) capabilities to our current analytics architecture including a robust governance structure. You’ll run proof of concepts to gain experience and proof business value.
- You will be assigned to lead analytics projects. In doing so, you take into account every step of Daikin’s “Software Development Life Cycle” and our “Project management methodology” to deliver high-quality IT solutions towards business. This will require you to coordinate a team of internal & external IT colleagues and developers.
- You will work closely together with the Business Analytics team, which is our business counterpart in our Analytics Centre of Expertise. In this role, you strongly support the standardisation & promotion of the pan-European reports & analytics solutions.
- You are prepared to present your area of expertise towards key users and management.
- You will work closely together with our Enterprise Architect team within IT Planning.
For this, you will not only need to follow and explore the future evolutions & trends on analytics (predictive/prescriptive BI, real-time/embedded analytics in S/4HANA, big data from our units, data lakes, cloud or hybrid data warehousing, …), but also further conceive the Data & Analytics strategy & roadmap for the years to come. During this process, you will need to study, plan and drive innovation, collaborate with experts and find business cases and bring our strategy into reality.
- You have a master’s degree as economist, engineer, computer scientist or equal.
- Academic knowledge and a first experience in data analytics, architecture or BI is a must.
- You have an analytical & innovative spirit and interest in the company processes; you strive to an optimal use of data in the company.
- You are established pragmatically, with a strong focus for the most recent IT innovations.
- You have a solution-oriented mind-set and a drive to continuously improve your area.
- You have the necessary self-discipline to make and follow-up a planning.
- You are a team player and try to establish and keep a good relationship with both your IT and business colleagues. You have good communication skills and are not afraid to present to groups.
- You are prepared to occasionally travel to Daikin group companies in Europe.
- You have analytic and communicative skills in English, Dutch will be a plus.
At Daikin you can count on a varied job, with an international market leader which encourages people to work together and develop. We can offer you a permanent contract. From the very beginning you can count on thorough training and intensive support. Your competitive salary is complemented by a package of extra-legal benefit
Rhône-Alpes/Auvergne - France
BRON - France