Our IT Centre EMEA counts 3 departments: IT Planning (PLAN), IT Development (BUILD) and IT Infrastructure/Operations (RUN). Within our IT Development department, we can distinguish 2 competence centres: Madrid and Ostend.
You will be part of IT Development in Ostend that will relocate to Oostkamp in 2023.
The IT Development department in Belgium consists of 20 internal colleagues strengthened with external consultants and an offshore team. The group is young and dynamic with a good team spirit and open communication structure. We implement innovative IT solutions for our 7500+ Daikin colleagues all over Europe & Middle East.
We are looking for an enthusiastic senior IT Functional Analyst and Project Manager to structure, improve and promote our Logistic processes throughout our EMEA company. We make use of a centralized SAP ERP system that we successfully migrated to S/4HANA.
After a training period accompanied by the company value guidelines, you will:
- Lead different (international) projects within your area of expertise and cross-module; this with focus on standardization, uniformization and innovation.
In doing so, you take our “project management methodology” into account to deliver high-quality IT solutions towards business. This also includes the presence of clear documentation and a proper hand-over to our IT Operations Team (RUN).
- You will coordinate, analyse & implement improvement requests in your area of expertise in close cooperation with your business peers, internal IT colleagues and our offshore team. This with a critical, though constructive mindset taking best practices into account. Although we hand-over live projects to our RUN team, assistance in 3rd line IT support is sometimes required.
- You will explore the future evolutions within the Logistics domain (Eg. AI, Big Data, API,…). You are keen to think about the next years strategy and translate this into a roadmap. During this process, you will need to study, plan and drive innovation, collaborate with experts, find business cases and bring our strategy into reality.
Together with your colleagues, we see you as a main driver to digitalize and improve our Logistic processes within an EMEA context.
- You have a master degree as economist, engineer, computer scientist or equal.
- You have 5+ experience in a similar IT-surrounding.
- You have an analytical & innovative spirit and interest in our company’s need to grow & accelerate.
- You are pragmatic and have a strong interest in recent IT evolutions and technologies.
- You have a solution oriented mind-set and a drive to continuously improve your area.
- You have the necessary self-discipline to make and follow-up a planning.
- You are a team player and try to establish and keep a good relationship with both your IT and business colleagues.
- You have good communication skills and are not afraid to present to groups.
- You are prepared to occasionally travel to Daikin group companies in EMEA.
- You have a very good knowledge of English and Dutch.
At Daikin you can count on a varied job, with an international market leader which encourages people to work together and develop. We can offer you a permanent contract. From the very beginning you can count on thorough training and intensive support. Your competitive salary is complemented by a package of extra-legal benefits. Colleagues get the possibility to work from home 2 days every week.