Ghent - Belgium
The EMEA Electrics and control department , located in Ghent -Technology Park, is one of the fastest growing departments and is part of the EMEA Development Center.
The Department is responsible for :
1. Development of embedded software & hardware: we develop and cooperate with external partners to enhance our products, keeping them amongst the best in the industry.
2. Cloud and App development: we are developing together with our partners our cloud platform to manage, steer, … our complete range.
These developments are only possible with the help of the supporting sections: Innovation & Maintenance and Support & Infrastructure (inclusive testing).
Within the advanced development/innovation team, our engineers work in their own field of expertise (cloud, wireless communication, automation, software architects).
The team is responsible for the pre-study of the electrics and control related products before those projects go into development, or it can introduce and investigate innovative ideas that could result in breaking technologies. They span the entire design process from innovation to prototyping, resulting in a proven concept.
We are looking for an engineer to strengthen our team in the field of automation and control.
- Generate innovative solutions for electrical control challenges
- Transform the system design concepts into working prototypes
- You capture and process data to improve the quality of our devices
- You use analytics to predict the quality based on parameters
- You improve the existing algorithms
- You design the prototypes and write the specs for the software colleagues
- Investigate and question the technical feasibility of an idea/a project
- Innovate new embedded control circuits
- Responsible for the preparatory design for the control architecture
- Design and develop hardware and firmware platforms
- Collaborate with the other development teams to meet product and design constraints
- You act as the bridge between the thermodynamic engineer and the software engineer
- Engineering degree in automation and controls, preferably PhD
- Experience in mechatronics
- General knowledge of prototyping boards, I/O devices and communication networks
- Ability to understand software code is a must, to write code is an asset
- Able to apply high degree of creativity to a project
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and verbal & written communication skills to work effectively within a team environment as well as independently
- You are communicative and assertive when required
- You are fully conversational in English
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job with an international market leader that stimulates its people to work together. Our Ghent office is located on top of one of the highest buildings in the Technology Park and has an inspiring 360° view on Ghent and its surroundings.
We offer you an open ended contract. You will be given extensive training and will be well supported from the start. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits.
Pre Sales Application Engineers (Air Conditioning & Applied Products)
Dublin - Ireland
Product Development Engineer Thermodynamics
Pilsen - Czech Republic