Within the advanced development/innovation team, our engineers work in their own field of expertise (cloud, wireless communication, automation, software architects).
The team is responsible for the pre-study of the electrics and control related products before those projects go into development, or it can introduce and investigate innovative ideas that could result in breaking technologies.
We are looking for an innovation engineer to strengthen our team in the Electric & Controls department
- You closely follow up the latest technology trends and investigate and question the technical and commercial feasibility
- You write your conclusions in specifications and prepare a business case for different stakeholders within Daikin
- Prepare presentations to report key highlights for discussion / decision to senior and top management within Daikin Europe
- Together with both internal and external stakeholders, you prepare the (technical) roadmap and the potential different projects within Daikin
- You act as the bridge between the pre-project phase and the project phase
- Act as a facilitator and communicator for the different stakeholders in the project
- Work with the product owner, project leader, sales, marketing to prioritize business and information needs, and accordingly translate them into an analytical approach
- Continuously liaise with stakeholders to find the best possible solutions for Daikin products
- You capture the correct analytical business needs via analysis and simulations
- Based on those simulations you will make decisions
- Communicate proactively with the project team to enable project outrole
- You obtained a master's degree in engineering (ideally in electromechanics) and combine this with several years of business experience
- You have a passion and general knowledge for the latest innovations (machine learning / trends related to IoT)
- General knowledge of heat pumps and thermodynamic processes are an asset
- You have experience in grasping innovations (e.g., trough brainstorm, innovation canvas)
- You have the ability to understand & challenge the needs of customers and to formalize the requirements
- You are a good communicator and team player
- Outstanding collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills
- You are result-driven with a strong focus on improvements
- You have perfect knowledge of English, knowledge of other EU languages are an asset
At Daikin you can count on a varied job, with an international market leader which encourages people to work together and develop. We can offer you a permanent contract. From the very beginning you can count on thorough training and intensive support. Your competitive salary is complemented by a package of extra-legal benefits. Colleagues get the possibility to work from home 2 days every week.