Ghent - Belgium
The EMEA Electrics and control department , located in Ghent -Technology Park, is one of the fastest growing departments and is part of the EMEA Development Center.
The Department is responsible for :
- Development of embedded software & hardware: we develop and cooperate with external partners to enhance our products, keeping them amongst the best in the industry.
- Cloud and App development: we are developing together with our partners our cloud platform to manage, steer, … our complete range.
These developments are only possible with the help of the supporting sections: Innovation & Maintenance and Support & Infrastructure (inclusive testing).
You are the bridge between the thermodynamics and the software teams by generating innovative solutions for our control challenges.
- To realise this objective, you go through the innovation process from idea to proof of concept.
- You investigate and question the technical feasibility of an idea/a project
- You break down the idea in functional algorithms, either by tweaking existing logic or by designing new solutions/technologies (such as machine learning and artificial intelligence)
- You transform the system design concepts into working prototypes where you capture and process measurement data from the field to improve the prototype in an agile way.
- You write your conclusions in specifications and prepare the control architecture to hand over to the development teams who bring the product to mass production
You experience large autonomy and take ownership of your projects: coordinate activities, set up and implement action plans, budget control, guard deadlines, identify and solve potential bottlenecks, ensure timely communication to all parties involved and collaborate closely together with the other development teams to meet product and design constraints
- Engineering degree in Mechatronics/Robotics/Artificial Intelligence/Data science, preferably PhD
- Experience in mechatronics, machine learning
- General knowledge of prototyping boards, I/O devices and communication networks
- Ability to understand software code is a must, to write code is an asset
- Able to apply high degree of creativity to a project
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and verbal & written communication skills to work effectively within a team environment as well as independently
- You are communicative and assertive when required
- You are fully conversational in English
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job with an international market leader that stimulates its people to work together. Our Ghent office is located on top of one of the highest buildings in the Technology Park and has an inspiring 360° view on Ghent and its surroundings.
We offer you an open ended contract. You will be given extensive training and will be well supported from the start. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits.
Service Engineer with focus on Heating (m/f)
Development Engineer HVAC
Ostend - Belgium