Are you passionate about energy, and would you like to work in an environment that is brimming with technological innovation? At Daikin we work every day on the energy solutions of tomorrow - making thousands of lives more comfortable, energy efficient and sustainable every day. And you can be part of this.
You will be responsible, within the Environment Research Center for research and advocacy of new or revised European environmental policies, regulations, and standards, and potentially also in emerging markets within the EMEA region.
You will research, monitor and prepare for advocacy for the relevant European environmental policies, regulations and standards assigned to you. This means that you will have to attend and interact in the relevant networks within associations and with relevant stakeholders and actively engage in the relevant platforms and processes.
Participation in relevant trade association meetings, stakeholder meetings organized by governments (including EU Commission and Parliament) and cooperation with external consultants will be a part of your function.
It may also include active participation to CEN/CENELEC and ISO/IEC workgroups and committees to give advice concerning European and International standards.
The function also requires that you regularly exchange views with the relevant departments such as sales, development. In addition, you will report within Daikin Europe, and other companies of the Daikin group on regular bases, including towards management.
Doing so, you will share Daikin’s vision and actions to become a carbon neutral company by 2050 with policy makers in the European, Middle East and African region.
- You hold a master’s diploma, equivalent or even higher
- You have a strong interest in Environmental Policies, regulations, and standards.
- Interested in technology is nice to have in the field of for example heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigeration, ventilation is nice to have.
- You like to engage with people. As a diplomatic person, you have good social and communicative skills. You are a good listener and able to quickly assimilate information.
- You are learning-minded, work in a pro-active and punctual way, independently as well as in a team.
- You are eager to learn about a diverse range of topics, understand them and able to transmit the info to stakeholders with a diverse range of knowledge fields and backgrounds.
- Good knowledge of English is necessary.
- Knowledge of other languages is a bonus.
- Travelling is an essential part of the job.
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job with an international market leader in sustainable climate solutions that stimulates its people to work together. We offer you an open-ended contract. You will be given extensive training and will be well supported from the start. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits.