Daikin Europe N.V. is the European headquarters of the Japanese company Daikin Industries Ltd. We design, manufacture and distribute air conditioning and heating systems for commercial, residential and industrial applications. Our headquarters are located in Ostend and Brussels but through our sales networks we also have a presence throughout Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
We are the market leader in the field of air conditioning and also offer Total Comfort Solutions in the fields of cooling, heating, ventilation and related techniques.
In addition we are constantly expanding as a company and offer extensive international contacts, a pleasant and stimulating working environment, extensive training and coaching, ... Daikin Europe N.V. has many trump cards. However our highly motivated employees are our greatest asset. That is why we are always looking for new talent.
Daikin Europe group has many complex chain transactions across Europe. As a head quarter function, we expect you to monitor the VAT in our purchase and sales flows and advise the business in this respect. Daikin Europe also has an active acquisition policy which means that new flows need to be analysed and new VAT-numbers sometimes need to be applied for. Working on SAP you will also implement these new VAT-numbers and -flows in our ERP system. This needs to be combined with the recurring tax obligations where we strive for continuous improvements and efficiency. The compliance itself is mainly executed by our shared service center. We are looking for a motivated colleague with experience in tax. The main focus of the function will be VAT but other areas of tax will also come into play.
- You will provide VAT advice to the business, analyze new flows and highlight points of attention. Our flows are mainly chain transactions.
- You will contribute to projects and interact with different stakeholders.
- You will follow-up individual country regulations and changes in legislation, both in indirect as direct tax matters and assist local accounting people with the correct set-up of new obligations.
- You will coordinate the changes that impact various group companies to come to a harmonized solution that fits all needs.
- You will maintain and ensure a correct VAT set-up in our SAP-system and our VAT reporting tool. SAP-knowledge will be trained on the job.
- You will be part of the tax team in Daikin Europe which generally covers not only VAT but also Corporate Income Tax and Transfer pricing. You will be trained to assist in other tax activities and be a back-up for other tax procedures.
- a Master’s degree in economics or economic science and/or taxation
- 3-5 years of relevant professional tax experience in a Big 4 firm or a multinational company
- knowledge of SAP and the VAT parameters
- good working knowledge of VAT within the EU
- excellent oral and written English skills
- a technical mindset
- a problem solver
- open and fluent in communication
- a team player
- eager to extend your tax knowledge to other area’s than VAT
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate looking for a challenging next step where you can hold responsibility for a successful brand.
At Daikin, you can count on a wide range of exciting responsibilities, in a supportive environment, with an international market leader that stimulates its people to grow and to work together. We offer you a permanent contract, extensive training and continuous support. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits, of which a car can also be a part of.