Daikin Europe N.V. is the EMEA headquarters of the Japanese company, Daikin Industries Ltd. We design, manufacture and distribute air conditioning and heating systems for commercial, residential and industrial applications. Our headquarters are in Brussels and Ostend, but through our sales networks we have a presence throughout Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
As a company we are constantly expanding, with extensive international contacts, a pleasant, stimulating working environment, training, and coaching, ... Daikin Europe N.V. has many trump cards. However, our highly motivated employees are our greatest asset. That is why we are always looking for new talent.
The Corporate Planning department, located in Brussels, consists of 4 sections: Strategic-, Corporate- Planning, Reporting and Internal Control. These sections together coordinate the strategy making and execution for Daikin in the entire EMEA region (Europe, Middle East and Africa). More specifically the Internal Control section of Corporate Planning is responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of corporate governance and internal controls in the group (e.g. J-SOx, SAP Authorizations and follow-up of audit findings). The internal control team acts as advisor on internal control matters to the operations in Belgium and abroad (EMEA).
To support our rapid growth, we are looking for an Internal Control Officer.
You will be involved in the management of the Internal Control structure of the Daikin Europe Group (Implementation, Improvement, Maintenance). As Internal Control officer you will:
- Be an active member in the Internal Control team of the Daikin EMEA HQ;
- Implement control activities together with the business and promote internal control
- Provide support and training to newcomers in the Group on internal control matters);
- Monitor and ensure J-SOX compliance for affiliated companies in EMEA;
- Follow-up on internal and external audit findings related to a broad wide range of topics;
- Support the roll-out of best practices internationally by on-site support and acting as “consultant” for internal control and process improvements.
Enlarge your knowledge to various business and IT processes in a large and fast-growing multinational.
- You have a master’s degree in economics or similar, and young graduates are welcome;
- A first exposure in internal or external audit is an asset, as well as knowledge of SAP;
- You work accurately, have the ability to dig into details, without losing the helicopter view;
- You possess excellent interpersonal skills;
- You are result driven with a strong focus on improvements;
- Excellent command of English (oral and written), knowledge of other EU languages is a plus;
- You will be based in Brussels but prepared to travel to Daikin group companies in EMEA (up to 25% of your time);
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job with an international market leader that stimulates its people to grow and to work together. We offer you an open-ended contract. You will be given extensive training and will be well supported from the start. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits.
This function offers an excellent steppingstone to take on more responsibilities in an internal control-oriented function or a detachment abroad at one of our EMEA subsidiaries.