The EMEA Electrics and Control department , located in Ghent -Technology Park, is one of the fastest growing departments and is part of the EMEA Development Center of Daikin.
The Department is responsible for development and improvement of controls: room controls, unit controls, App and cloud controls.
Part of our work involves:
Embedded software developmen
Cloud and App development
Throughout the development steps we combine “in house” development and strategic cooperation with external partners to enhance our products, keeping them amongst the best in the industry. All Daikin departments have a close collaboration to ensure high quality products for the Daikin EMEA market.
Within our in-house software development team, our engineers and developers work in their field of expertise (embedded software). The team is responsible for the delivery of the embedded software, starting from the design, coding … up to the CI/CD and maintenance of the delivered software.
We are currently looking for a passionate software engineer to join our “in house” SW development team.
- Work in an Agile way, adapted to the team’s needs:
o 2 weeks sprint tempo,
o join a daily short stand-up meeting to summarize current status and flag issues
o be involved in grooming and planning the next sprints content
- Align with team members, decide what ticket you want to pick up
- Most of the time you will be coding to improve or develop new features, as listed in requirements and corresponding tickets
- Review colleagues work, propose improvements
- Actively improve and extend your skills
- You have a Master Degree or PhD in electronics or IT, with a specific interest in software development.
- You are familiar with agile methodology (with incremental/iterative mindset).
- You have minimum 3 years programming experience in C or C++, or both.
- You have experience in embedded systems development; automated building and testing (CI/CD), Configuration management (GIT).
- You have technical knowledge and experience in
o C, C++, preferably with the modern version (14/17/20), scoped on Embedded Software development
o Embedded systems and RTOS, e.g. Linux, Zephyr,...
o Test-driven design, design patterns
o Git / continuous integrations / Branching / How to use a VCS
o ARM architecture
o communication protocols ( SPI, I2C, BLE, TCP/IP,..)
o Reading the UML and developing the software based on the UML / design
o Unit Testing
o Bash scripting
o Experience with microcontrollers, awareness of the difference between the host and embedded platform
At Daikin you can count on a varied job, with an international market leader which encourages people to work together and develop. We can offer you an open-ended permanent contract. From the very beginning you can count on thorough training and intensive support. Your competitive salary is complemented by a package of extra-legal benefits.Colleagues get the possibility to work from home 2 days every week.