Hubbard Products Limited is looking for an experienced Electrical Design Engineer to fill a full-time position at our New Build Facility in Ipswich Suffolk. The ideal candidate will be fully conversant with all aspects of Electrical and Control System Design Engineering across multi-faceted disciplines within our business. Additionally, the candidate will endeavor to ensure that designs are technically best in class, within budget, and to a prescribed timeline, and communicate effectively with various team members across all roles of the business, including but not limited to Procurement, Production, and Test.
- Using the company main Electrical Design platforms to ensure electrical design, control system interface, wiring, and schematics are accurate and produced to the required Company and Legislative standards
- To utilize and correctly select Electrical products in the relevant designs, such as High-Power Switchgear, and type specific Controllers.
- To assist with the respective Departmental Managers in development of Company Standards for electrical design schematics, procurement, production and installation, serviceability, specifications, and Health & Safety
- To assist with in house and on site Electrical and Controls Technical Support
- To develop and assist Electrical procedures and processes throughout the business.
- To provide training in all aspects of Electrical and Controls Engineering throughout the business, at different operative skill set levels, depending on the tasks expected of them, and continued training for both new and existing product.
- To liaise with the Software Development Manager for integrating Control Systems to fulfil the required performance and technical specifications from our Clients.
- To ensure cost effective and technically proficient Electrical Design solutions for both new and continuous improvement to existing product
- The ability to program various Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s)
- Minimum 3-5 years experience.
- Knowledge on HVAC and Refrigeration.
- To have an electrical or control systems qualification suited to the role or equivalent. (University degree will be an asset)
- Knowledge of Electrical systems, Control Panel design and switchgear
- Knowledge and application of various PLC’s and refrigeration related Controllers
- Familiarity with Electrical CAD, and Microsoft Office platforms, however training will be provided.
- Having a strong commitment to influence change, a team member, and to support all areas of the business.
- Good communication skills including writing technical reports, and Client interface.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills in a pressurized environment