Daikin Europe N.V. is the European headquarters of the Japanese company, Daikin Industries Ltd. We design, manufacture and distribute air conditioning, refrigeration and heating systems for commercial, residential and industrial applications. Our headquarters are located in Brussels and Ostend, but through our manufacturing facilities and sales networks we also have a presence throughout Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
We are the market leader in the field of air conditioning and also offer Total Comfort Solutions in the fields of cooling, heating, ventilation and related techniques.
In addition, as a company we are constantly expanding, with extensive international contacts, a pleasant, stimulating working environment, extensive training and coaching, ... Daikin Europe N.V. has many trump cards. However, our highly motivated employees are our greatest asset. That is why we are always looking for new talent.
The mission of the Internal Audit Department is to provide independent and objective assurance and consulting services that add value and improve the organization’s operations. It helps the organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the control, governance and risk management processes.
Within Daikin Europe, the Internal Audit team conducts audit engagements, at entity or process level, following a risk-based audit plan and report the result of these assessments to the Audit Committee, Board of Directors and local Management. To strengthen our international team, we are looking for a Data Analytics Internal Auditor with a passion for analytics and an understanding of accounting principles to complement our talented audit team.
You will be part of an international team that executes operational audit engagement covering small to large organizations in Europe, Middle East and Africa as well as complex business processes. As part of this team you will:
- Develop internal audit’s data analytics strategy and initiatives including supporting all functional areas of Internal Audit including J-SOX, Operational Audits, Process Audits and Investigations.
- Identify opportunities to utilize data analysis in all audit projects, use data analysis tools to automate audit testing and develop techniques for continuous auditing and analyzing large volumes of data.
- Interact with management and business partners to identify appropriate data sources and data elements required for analytics.
- Manage data extraction, storage, transformation, and processing through data analytics routines, and generate output for visualization/analysis by the Internal Audit team.
- Develop, assemble, and distribute the analytics needed to support the teams prior to the start of audit fieldwork activities (bespoke analytics)
- Develop and maintain data analytics related documentation provide support/training as necessary to other team members.
- Maximize the usage of the IT systems (SAP, BO, PowerBI, CELONIS) to drive the efficiency and quality of audit approach and substantiate audit findings.
- Be the point of contact for audit teams and guide other consultants
- For part of your time, you will participate in internal audit missions throughout the EMEA region.
- You have a Master degree in Accounting or Finance with data analytics knowledge and experience or a Master degree in Data or IT-related field (Information Systems, Business Intelligence, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, etc.) with Accounting / Finance knowledge and experience.
- You have a have at least 6 years of relevant experience with minimum 2 years’ experience working with data analytics tools and SAP in an audit context.
- You have an strong understanding of SAP, are proficient with ACL and SQL.[FL1]
- You are a good team player with very strong work ethics
- You have an open and active mind, your curiosity is a great asset, you enjoy helping others understand how data is relevant to the business.
- You have a structured approach to problem solving
- You are Proficient in English (knowledge of other European Languages is an asset)
- You are flexible and willing to travel within the EMEA region (10 to 25%).
- ACL , CIA or CISA certification is a plus.
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job with an international market leader that stimulates its people to grow and to work together. We offer you an open ended contract. You will be given extensive training and will be well supported from the start. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits.