DAIKIN Europe N.V. is a fully owned daughter company of Daikin Industries Limited www.daikin.com, a multinational noted on the Japanese stock exchange and world market leader in HVAC solutions (heating, ventilation and air-conditioning). As market leader Daikin offers innovative climate control systems with the highest quality standards equipped to comply with the changing needs of residential, commercial and industrial customers
Daikin Europe N.V., situated in Ostend, is the headquarter of Daikin leading sales, development and production for Europe, Middle East and Africa. Next to this headquarter the Daikin Europe Group entails over 10 production/development locations, 70+ daughter companies and a well established sales network in the EMEA area.
For its EMEA headquarter and operating from new offices in Oostkamp, Daikin is looking for a Credit Analyst.
- Analyse credit limit requests and decide and/or propose which credit lines can be granted to our customers, hereby making use of both financial analysis and risk management tools, such as credit insurance, letters of credit, bank guarantees etc.
- Pro-actively identify upcoming special credit requirements and look for credit risk management solutions, also in cooperation with credit insurers and brokers
- Follow up and management of credit blocked orders and deliveries
- Management of multiple credit insurance contracts: claims submission, declarations, indemnifications and information sharing
- Evaluate bad debt risk of overdue accounts receivable, asses the necessity of bad debt provisions postings and write-offs, and provide necessary intelligence to management to make decisions on this topic
- Preparation of recurring and ad hoc reports, also on group level, in order to provide to the credit manager a sound base for planning and results evaluation
- Frequent communication with different stakeholders both within and outside the company (sales department, customer, credit insurer,…) on credit management topics
- Master degree, preferably in an economical/financial area
- Passionate about credit management and with a good knowledge of the most important concepts and tools such as overdue, credit insurance, letter of credit…, preferably supported by a first work experience
- Knowledge of SAP is an asset, knowledge of FSCM is a strong asset
- A basic knowledge of IFRS accounting standard related to credit control (eg, IFRS 9) is recommended
- Eager to learn
- Strong analytical skills, can summarize and report complex cases
- Out-of-the-box thinker, always looking for improvement and able to troubleshoot
- Team player with an excellent knowledge of Dutch and English and strong communication skills
At Daikin you can count on a varied job, with an international market leader which encourages people to work together and develop. We can offer you an open-ended permanent contract. From the very beginning you can count on thorough training and intensive support. Your competitive salary is complemented by a package of extra-legal benefits.