To support the growth and digital transformation of the planning function, we are looking for a Corporate Planning section manager to lead the corporate planning section located in Brussels.
The Corporate Planning division consists of several sections: Group Controlling, Business Analytics, Daikin Europe Planning, Corporate Communication as well as Internal Control and SAP authorization office. These teams together coordinate the budget-making and execution for Daikin in the entire EMEA region (turnover of more than 4 billion EUR).
The department is responsible for drilling down the strategy into annual budgets and realizing the group targets. This is done in cooperation with all sales and manufacturing entities, as well as with other departments. As a backbone for group-wide reporting, the department takes care of the management of the sales-, margin-, and pricing data, as well as collecting and reporting market intelligence.
Our mission is to safeguard and manage profitability, via periodic reporting to top-management, close follow-up and by proposing countermeasure actions.
Furthermore, the department is responsible for the development and implementation of corporate governance and internal controls in the group.
Finally, we also take on any project that is considered priority by top-management.
Daikin Europe N.V.
Daikin Europe N.V. is the EMEA headquarters of the Japanese company, Daikin Industries Ltd. We design, manufacture and distribute air conditioning and heating systems for commercial, residential and industrial applications. Our headquarters are located in Brussels and Ostend, but through our sales networks we also have a presence throughout Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
We are the market leader in the field of air conditioning and also offer Total Comfort Solutions in the fields of cooling, heating, ventilation and related techniques.
In addition, as a company we are constantly expanding, with extensive international contacts, a pleasant, stimulating working environment, extensive training and coaching, ... Daikin Europe N.V. has many trump cards. However, our highly motivated employees are our greatest asset. That is why we are always looking for new talent.
As a Corporate planning section manager you will lead the Daikin Europe planning section, a multicultural team based in Brussels and Poland responsible for demand planning, financial controlling of the HQ entity and planning of Sales and Margin for the EMEA region. As corporate manager you will be the responsible for the headquarter P&L which has >3b Revenue mostly intercompany sales and a cost base of >300m EUR including several shared service centers. Besides the financial controlling role you will lead the sales planning processes. You will be driving the further digitalisation of the planning function by implementing a connected planning tool, Anaplan.
In particular you will:
- Lead, coach and coordinate a team of controllers and business analyst based in Belgium and Poland (total of 9 direct reports).
- Interact frequently with senior level internal and external stakeholders to present various analysis, discuss recommendations and drive continuous improvement of our cost base.
- Pushing the Group targets within the Daikin Europe HQ entity => PDCA / Financial controlling
- Leading further developments of our connected planning software Anaplan. Already a first model is implemented bringing demand planning to a next level. You will be driving further improvements together with Key User colleagues.
- Be leading the budgeting of Sales and Margin across the group. Together with local colleagues, planners across Europe and in the sales business units you will be a driving force to further improve the planning and so the growth of Daikin towards a sales target of more than 4b EUR.
- Support the set-up of new sales flows (e.g. integrate acquired compagnies) and specifically the pricing aspect
- Ensure correct implementation of transfer pricing procedures
- will be involved in projects of different nature that are inherent to a diverse multinational company.
- You have a Master's degree and have a minimum of 10 years of experience in a financial planning and/or controlling role
- Highly analytical and good communication skills with hands on
- You are able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Affinity with Business intelligence and Planning software packages
- Experience in coaching a team by means of excellent managerial and interpersonal skills
- You have an excellent knowledge of English, knowledge of other EU languages is an asset.
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job with an international market leader that stimulates its people to grow and to work together. We offer you an open ended contract. You will be given extensive training and will be well supported from the start. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits. This function offers an excellent stepping stone to take on more responsibilities or a detachment abroad at one of our EMEA affiliates.
Interested in joining our team?