The EMEA Electrics and Control Department , located in Ghent -Technology Park, is one of the fastest growing departments and is part of the EMEA Development Center.
The Department is responsible for :
- Development of embedded software & hardware
- Cloud and App development
Throughout the development steps we combine “in house” development and strategic cooperation with external partners to enhance our products, keeping them amongst the best in the industry. All Daikin departments have a close collaboration to ensure high quality products for the Daikin EMEA market. Our developments start from the early research and innovation, over design, implementation, testing, till a product that is ready for sales.
Within the controls team, our engineers work in their own field of expertise (automation, controls, machine learning, architecture). The team is responsible for
· The pre-study and the technology scouting of new features and services that augment the experience and the usage of our Daikin products. The team is involved from the inception to the delivery of a working proof of concept.
· The implementation and delivery of the control logic of the heat pump and the above mentioned features towards the final mass products.
We are looking for a control engineer to strengthen our team so we can deliver innovative solutions for the control engineering
You will provide engineering solutions for our control challenges to the Electrics & Control teams. You will be the bridge among our advanced/innovation team, the thermodynamics, and the application and equipment control teams.
To realise these objectives, you will
- Design new functional algorithms and features, by applying basic state charts and also advanced techniques such as model predictive control, model identification … and write the technical documentation.
- Implement algorithm, features and logics using Matlab / Simulink / Stateflow toolchain and run tests and simulations to manage our control systems.
- Support the control integration within products and/or the rapid prototyping platforms.
- Analyse the data from field testing and finetune the algorithms.
- Support the control roadmap validation within the business strategy.
- You obtained a master's degree engineering in Automation, Mechatronics or Electronics, with a specific interest and background in control engineering.
- You are looking for a technical job, where you can become expert in your field.
- You have knowledge and experience of automation and control technologies and system.
- You have experience with MATLAB, Simulink, Stateflow and Software development skills.
- You have outstanding collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills.
- You are result-driven with a strong focus on improvements.
- You have perfect knowledge of English, knowledge of other EU languages are an asset.
At Daikin you can count on a varied job, with an international market leader which encourages people to work together and develop. We can offer you an open-ended permanent contract. From the very beginning you can count on thorough training and intensive support. Your competitive salary is complemented by a package of extra-legal benefits. Colleagues get the possibility to work from home 2 days every week.