As EMEA Development Centre (EDC), we develop air-conditioning, heating, refrigeration and ventilation products. As well controls and IOT solutions are developed. These are produced in different factories located within and outside Europe. These products are put on the market through our various Daikin distributors and affiliates within Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Daikin Europe N.V.
Daikin Europe N.V. is the European headquarters of the Japanese company, Daikin Industries Ltd. We design, manufacture and distribute air conditioning and heating systems for commercial, residential and industrial applications. Our headquarters are located in Brussels and Ostend, but through our sales networks we also have a presence throughout Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
The EMEA development center headquarter is located in Ostend and Ghent. This vacant position is located in the Ostend office, although a permanent move is planned towards Ghent office by end 2023.
We are the market leader in the field of air conditioning and also offer Total Comfort Solutions in the fields of cooling, heating, ventilation and related techniques.
In addition, as a company we are constantly expanding, with extensive international contacts, a pleasant, stimulating working environment, extensive training and coaching, ... Daikin Europe N.V. has many trump cards. However, our highly motivated employees are our greatest asset. That is why we are always looking for new talent.
As a Control Development Engineer within our EMEA Development Centre, you will be involved in the specification and the validation of the software controlling the refrigerant software, the hydraulic circuit and the communication with the refrigerant software of residential air-to-water and brine-to-water heat pumps.
Because of your technical interest in thermodynamics and algorithmics, you will translate the development requirements into a high level specifications of the unit control and validate the proper behaviour of the final product after implementation of these specifications into a software (done by a dedicated team).
Core tasks in these developments include:
- Define the specifications of the product control in accordance with sales request, relevant regulations and internal quality standard.
- Translate these specifications into a high level algorithm document.
- Organize the multidisciplinary review of these specifications
- Determine which tests and evaluations the trial software must undergo and analyze the test results to validate final unit behavior.
- Determine your own work-plan autonomously while taking the global planning within and outside EDC into account.
- Discuss your interim results with the other team members and the management, make diagnoses and ensure the setting up and implementation of action plans to identify and avoid bottlenecks.
- You have a Master degree in engineering, for example in electromechanics. You have a strong thermodynamical knowledge and are interested in control engineering.
- You are a person with a strong technical interest, willing to lead and follow-up a project.
- You are a team player who is driven to find solutions for technical requirements and specific client enquiries.
- You enjoy playing an active role in projects and you have the requisite self-discipline to draw up timetables, make priorities and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of both spoken and written English are essential for this position. Knowledge of another European language is a plus.
- This vacancy is open to both recent graduates and candidates with experience.
At Daikin you can count on a varied job, with an international market leader which encourages people to work together and develop. We can offer you a permanent contract. You will become part of the EDC team which is engaged to make the world a greener place by introducing renewable alternatives in our cooling/heating market. You will be supported by a team of enthusiastic engineers. From the very beginning you can count on thorough training and intensive support. Your competitive salary is complemented by a package of extra-legal benefits.