Ghent - Belgium
Short after the establishment of the European Design Center (EDC), the EMEA Electrics and control department was created. It is a fast growing department with the mission to facilitate and ensure the strong future growth of Daikin. This department is located at the Tech Lane Ghent Science Park.
Today the role of this new department is twofold:
- The development of embedded software & hardware: we develop and cooperate with external partners to enhance our products, keeping them amongst the best in the industry. Also we prepare them to connect to each other to step into the Internet of Things (IoT) era. Typical examples are: a new user interface (MMI) on our Altherma products, gateways to connect to our cloud and App or the Red Dot Award winning Madoka remote controller with mobile App.
- The development of Cloud solutions and Applications : we are developing and maintaining cloud solutions and providing the necessary tools (web applications, smartphone apps,…) to installers, building owners and end customers to manage, steer, … our complete product range. To do this, we develop and cooperate with external partners. Typical examples of our products are: the Daikin Online Controller App, the Madoka Assistant and the Daikin Cloud Service (cloud.daikineurope.com).
You are responsible for designing and implementing the plan that makes our Cloud and App solutions future-proof. By doing so, you will help us, together with our partners, to further expand our innovative, stable and client oriented cloud platform for our complete range of products. Your role will be key in the next steps of the construction of the most lean architecture, balancing cost and performance, for Daikin’s Cloud solutions.
After introduction and training, these will be your key tasks:
- Design, document and visualise the architecture of our Cloud services, and supporting tools.
- Work closely together with to the product development team to make sure that this design is supported and realized.
- Interact as an expert and coordinate with our dedicated technology suppliers and implementation partners.
- Analyse risks and possible impact of changes to the architecture.
- Expert knowledge of at least one cloud platform. Preferably AWS.
- Proven understanding of IoT concepts. Preferably including communication with low resource embedded devices.
- Good understanding of microservice based architectures using containerized applications.
- Proven knowledge on API design and data model creation.
- Stay current on industry trends; innovate through research, proof of concepts, and demos
- Security: Security in the cloud is important, and consequently, an expert-level understanding of key security concepts is a must.
The following key-technologies will be at your use:
- Cloud: AWS (preferred), Azure (asset)
- Managed services: Cognito, Kinesis, AWS IoT, AWS Sagemaker
- Application virtualisation: EKS, Kubernetes, Openshift
- Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins
- DevOps Tools: Ansible, Terraform, etc..
- You have several years of business experience. This experience helps you being self-directing, and makes that you can help us bringing structure in our fast growing organisation.
- You can think on a conceptual level and have a clear vision on the advantages that new technologies can bring to our daily life. Analysis and synthesis are key to present your conclusions in an understandable way to the team and management.
- You have experience in project management or at least have the skill to coordinate the activities of the several in/external parties involved in an project.
- As master you are fascinated by computer sciences. You already have knowledge of some of the above mentioned technologies or at least you have the eagerness to learn.
Rhône-Alpes/Auvergne - France
BRON - France