Ostend - Belgium
IT Center EMEA counts 3 departments: IT Planning (PLAN), IT Development (BUILD) and IT Infrastructure (RUN). IT Development has 2 competence centres: Madrid and Ostend. You will be part of IT Development in Ostend (Belgium).
This department consists of 20 internal colleagues strengthened with external consultants and an offshore team. The group is young and dynamic with a good team spirit and open communication. We implement innovative IT solutions for our 7500+ Daikin group colleagues all over Europe & Middle East.
To improve the internal customer satisfaction and the IT-Business (strategy) alignment, we have introduced the function of “Business Relationship Manager” (BRM). There are about 5 colleagues that have similar function. Each of them are allocated to another business domain. In your case it are the domains of Supply Chain Management (on EMEA level), the several Manufacturing plants and the European Design Centre.
You will directly report to the IT Development department manager.
As BRM, you are the natural contact person for the business managers in the related domains in case of new upcoming requirements, change in strategy, business issues that require IT support. You are functioning; within the IT organization, at the borderline with business.
As BRM you need to balance the never-ending and increasingly more demanding requirements from business side with the realistic IT delivery capability within constraints of man-power and budget. You need to challenge the business as to define and quantify tangible merits for the IT development projects, while on the other hand also trying, in discussion with the IT Development organization, to maximize business outcome within the same given constraints.
After an extensive introduction and training period, your main challenges will be:
- In cooperation with the colleagues of IT and the related business/Process owners at Daikin Europe head-quarter (in the area of Supply chain management, Manufacturing and Research & Development), you will discuss on how to translate the business strategy into achievable projects, programs and roadmaps. You will also closely follow-up what happens during implementation but, even more important, during the real business usage and suggest improvement trajectories.
You will regularly review, in consultation with your business peers and the overall Project Portfolio manager; the project portfolio composition and priorities within the allocated domains
- To support new upcoming business requirements, it will be necessary to introduce new business applications. You will take part, or even lead, the search and selection of those new SaaS (or on-premise) solutions in close collaboration with the Enterprise Architect.
- Next to assisting your business peer in formulating qualified project requests, you will also go a step further, in some cases, and also do the project planning phase activity resulting into a project charter signed off by both Business and IT management
- Besides responding to business needs you will also influence and inspire them and, based on your own analysis and observations, make suggestions for improvement projects and the use of innovative technologies, proven to be working, to realize them.
For this, you will need to make yourself familiar with the Business processes, strategy, organization, systems architecture of your related business domains and IT Centre EMEA and gradually get insight into strong points/weaknesses in each of those aspects.
- You have a master’s degree as economist, engineer, computer scientist or equal.
- 5 or more years of relevant experience in an international company of similar size in the industry in a function related to ‘IT demand management’ is a must.
- Knowledge on business processes and/or IT solutions in (one of ) the domains of SCM, Manufacturing and Design is of course a big plus.
- You have negotiation, persuading and communication skills and good in making compromises, and you build and maintain relationships easily.
- You are obsessed by creating business value through the application of IT solutions and technology and have the skills to understand and make a business case.
- You have the necessary self-discipline to make and follow-up a planning.
- You are a team player and try to establish and keep a good relationship with both your IT and business colleagues. You have good communication skills (both verbal as well as written) and are not afraid to present to groups.
- You are prepared to occasionally travel to Daikin group companies in Europe.
- You have analytic and communicative skills in English, Dutch will be a plus.
At Daikin, you can be sure of job variety with an international market leader, in an environment where people are encouraged to work together and grow. You benefit from a permanent contract, and thorough training and intensive support right through. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a range of fringe benefits.
Rhône-Alpes/Auvergne - France
BRON - France