Daikin Europe N.V. is the EMEA headquarters of the Japanese company, Daikin Industries Ltd. We design, manufacture and distribute air conditioning and heating systems for commercial, residential and industrial applications. Our headquarters are located in Brussels and Ostend, but through our sales networks, we also have a presence throughout Europe, Africa, and the Middle East.
We are the market leader in the HVAC industry, thanks to our highly motivated and dedicated workforce, who continue to be our greatest asset.
Key role in corporate department
Daikin Europe Planning is one of 6 teams in the Corporate Planning department, alongside Group Controlling, Business Analytics, Corporate Communication, Internal Control and the SAP authorisation office. Together these teams manage Daikin’s budget-making and execution for the entire EMEA region (turnover of more than 4 billion EUR). The department is responsible for drilling down the strategy into annual budgets and realising the group targets. This means collaborating closely with all sales and manufacturing entities, as well as other departments. As a backbone for group-wide reporting, the department takes care of data relating to sales, margin and pricing, as well as collecting and reporting market intelligence. Its mission? To safeguard and manage profitability, with periodic reporting to top management, tracking and timely countermeasures. The department is also in charge of developing and implementing the group’s corporate governance and internal controls, along with other top priority company projects.
Your contribution as Business Planning - Key User
As a Business Planning - Key User in the Daikin Europe planning team, your mission is to support the affiliates and departments in implementing and using our connected planning tool known as Anaplan. This planning tool is used primarily for budgeting and forecasting sales, but also serves other domains, such as logistics, supply, manpower and finance. While benefiting from your team’s experience, you will also enjoy plenty of freedom in your involvement in the implementation track towards other planning areas, giving you the chance to build your expertise and knowledge of Daikin and Anaplan.
To drive improvements and the development of the Anaplan environment, in particular:
- participating in diverse projects to implement new Anaplan modules, connecting the various planning processes
- acquiring in-depth knowledge of several Anaplan modules and applying your knowledge as an ‘Anaplan Model Builder’ to support various departments and sales affiliates in relevant questions. These may range from daily usage to more complex issues, such as set-up of new reports, and changes to the model.
- implementing solutions for identified problems together with the Daikin IT department
- collaborating with various stakeholders, such as sales SBUs, supply organisation, sales entities, corporate planning team members,…
- streamlining business processes and information flows
- fostering collaboration throughout the company in realising our growth strategies through the use of Anaplan
- A Master’s degree
- Experience as a controller, or 3+ years of experience in an analytical position
- Analytical and a strong communicator
- Result-driven and dedicated to improvements
- Experience with BI tools (BW/BO, Power Bi,…) or Business Planning tools. Familiar with Anaplan? That’s a bonus, of course, but not essential.
- Excellent knowledge of English. Other EU languages are an asset.