The role is supposed to establish a close relationship and link between Daikin Chemical Europe GmbH (DCE) and Daikin Europe N.V. (DENV) efforts to access more waste refrigerants (specifically A-line, i.e. unmixed refrigerant waste) in the EU27. Align their efforts and initiatives in the frame of Daikin’s Circular Economy Approach and Reclaim and Recycle Development (RRD). This position is responsible for the development and implementation of Daikin´s RRD advocacy strategy. The role supports DCE’s RRD and advocacy work with DENV to gain more business opportunities and elaborate on how and where Daikin should approach for RRD purposes. Build a network to DENV’s advocacy team and Key Accounts and learn from DENV affiliates’ networking and approach into associations – both on European and national level. Partnering with people who are influencing regulatory decisions in term of waste refrigerants.
- Represent and develop Daikin Chemical’s own policy in waste refrigerant (A-line), research, advocacy and marketing agenda in line with the strategic and operational plan and work with relevant colleagues across the DENV and DCE organisation to achieve Daikin Chemical’s strategic objectives.
- Establish a network of contacts within European and national relevant regulatory bodies as well as within the Industrial community. Identify most important regulations/standard risks (current or future) and opportunities.
- Represent Daikin and advocate Daikin’s viewpoint in relevant European public conferences or events, or organize and support such representation by other Daikin entities.
- Identify, plan and carry out lobbying activities aimed at Federal and State government and government-related bodies.
- Research and preparing of reports for implementation of Daikin Chemical Refrigerant’s policy, search and advocacy strategy.
- Provide supervision and advice to the Daikin Refrigerants Management and other members of the refrigerants project to fulfil their role in representing Daikin at conferences, working groups and other governance forums.
- Represent Daikin Chemical’s interests on relevant working groups and forums as required.
- Work closely together with the General Manager, Environment Research Centre, Daikin Europe N.V. to raise Daikin Chemicals profile and positioning opportunities through research activities.
- Investigation of past and currents actions and initiatives related to RRD waste policy which DENV has already established related to RRD waste policy.
- Collect market information and build a strong network with DENV Key Account Management, DENV affiliates as well as with external stakeholders.
- Build an own Daikin RRD Advocacy and Marketing strategy in collaboration with other RRD Chemical Departments. Emphasise on existing customers and attract them to future collaboration with Daikin Chemical Europe as solution provider.
- Measure impact and review progress with Daikin advocacy strategies and plans and ensure ongoing development of these in response to changes in the external environment.
- Provide supervision and guidance to internal and external RRD members and departments.
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities within the scope of the role as directed.
- Profound experience in EU advocacy/lobbying ideally gained in the area of recycling/reclamation, waste, Circular Economy or HVAC R sector. Degree at Bachelor/Master level.
- Knowledge of European F-Gas regulation, waste laws, Circular Economy or Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment Directive (WEEE) welcome.
- Experience in project management with multi-national and cross-functional teams.
- Mature personality, able to entrain people, convincing, a good promoter, able to operate on new terrain, with excellent communication skills, able and experienced in building trustful business relationships in a diplomatic way.
- Takes a long-term and sustainable view of the business and its external environment anticipating trends that will affect the business.
- Self- driver and self- starter mentality, permanent searching for improvement and development of opportunities and implement effective solutions and demonstrates resilience and stability.
- Very good English skills verbal and written are a must. Additional European languages such as German or Dutch, French or Italian desirable.
Reporting line: Direct reporting to Daikin Chemical’s RRD lead and dotted line to the General Manager, Environment Research Center, Daikin Europe N.V.
Place of Work: The owner of this role will be a Daikin Chemcial Europe Düsseldorf employee but after one month introduction time in Germany, the work place is based in Belgium at DENV’s offices. Regular travel activity in the EU27 will be required.