What is pollen?
Usually appearing as a fine dust, pollen are microspores that are transported from one plant to another, eventually resulting in fertilisation and the production of new plant. As temperatures heat up, pollen production increases, causing a variety of symptoms in people sensitive to pollen including sneezing, nasal congestion, red, itchy, and watery eyes, and/or an itchy or runny nose.
There are three main types of pollen that, together, stretch pollen season from early spring all the way to the end of autumn.
- Grass pollen:This is the main culprit for pollen-related asthmas and allergies and can affect people from March to October. Grass pollen can cause extremely strong reactions.
- Tree pollen:While different types of tree pollen occur at different times of the year, tree pollen is usually only a problem from February to June.
- Weed pollen:Weed pollen is mostly likely to cause hay fever. It is most prevalent in the summer and early autumn.
Protect your family with Daikin air purifiers
Daikin air purifiers are the perfect way to ensure your indoor air is purer, healthy, and clean, minimising the negative effect of pollen on your health.
Daikin air purifiers also:
· Minimise asthma and allergy symptoms by removing dust particles and pollen from your air.
· Keep you healthy by filtering airborne bacteria and viruses, including eliminating 99.98% of the human coronavirus HCoV-229E according to the Institut Pasteur de Lille.
· Infuse moisture into the air when it is too dry, helping to keep your skin healthy.
· Control odours so your home always smells fresh and clean.
Explore our air purifiers
A4-Pollen-Tabel_02JPG | 2.21MB