Ostend - Belgium
General Affairs exists out of 3 sections; Central Purchase, Facilities and Welfare & Environment. The vacancy is situated within the Facilities section.
This section is responsible for building accommodation (e.g. renovation projects, replacement of investments, maintenance and inspections of installations such as HVAC, low and high voltage installations, update of related technical documentation, decoration and furniture), supporting services (catering, company cars, cleaning, reception) and security (access control, fire protection).
You will be responsible for:
- The conversion of the organisation’s need into a specific project, this after a thorough problem analysis which is translated into a fitting proposal that is discussed within the organisation. The approved proposal is turned into a specific project.
- The project management of the assigned projects in which you take up a leading role, which includes the planning, coordination and execution of the projects.
- Project administration, such as follow-up post intervention, contracts and budgets.
- The management of the external partners, such as study agencies and contractors.
- During the whole process, you have continuous attention for quality, timing and budget.
- You will also be the owner of the building related electrical installations (follow-up of the inspections, improvement proposals, …).
- Your job will require that you think proactively about innovations and you will be responsible for the implementation and co-ordination of improvement projects.
- Additionally you support your colleagues in the coordination and execution of the maintenance and repair activities of the facility section.
- You have a Master Degree Industrial Engineer / Industrial Sciences (preferably electromechanics or building science).
- You have a broad interest going from construction-technical issues to HVAC and electrical installations, …
- You have a hands-on mentality and a practical and flexible approach towards encountered issues in order to bring the assignments to a high qualitative result.
- You take initiative and responsibility towards the assigned projects.
- You have strong communication skills that enable you to create goodwill with internal & external partners in order to execute your projects according to plan
- You are a problem solver and have strong planning & organization skills.
- You have good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Autocad and a basic knowledge of facility-specific supporting software.
- A good knowledge of English and Dutch (both written and spoken) is essential and you must be able to communicate fluently with your colleagues.
At Daikin you can count on a varied job, with an international market leader which encourages people to work together and develop. We can offer you a permanent contract. From the very beginning you can count on thorough training and intensive support. Your competitive salary is complemented by a package of extra-legal benefits.
Daikin Europe N.V.
Daikin Europe N.V. is the European headquarters of the Japanese company, Daikin Industries Ltd. We design, manufacture and distribute air conditioning and heating systems for commercial, residential and industrial applications. Our headquarters are located in Brussels and Ostend, but through our sales networks we also have a presence throughout Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
We are the market leader in the field of air conditioning and also offer Total Comfort Solutions in the fields of cooling, heating, ventilation and related techniques.
In addition, as a company we are constantly expanding, with extensive international contacts, a pleasant, stimulating working environment, extensive training and coaching, ... Daikin Europe N.V. has many trump cards. However, our highly motivated employees are our greatest asset. That is why we are always looking for new talent.
Rhône-Alpes/Auvergne - France
BRON - France