Ostend - Belgium
The function of “(Senior) Spare Parts Procurement Officer” resides in the Spare Parts Planning & procurement section, which guarantees a reliable & correct supply of Spare Parts from other international spare parts centers or regional suppliers to the European warehouses.
After an intensive training period, you become specialised in our spare parts procurement processes. As a member of our team, you take the lead in our journey to further analyse & optimize our procurement process and make sure it adapts to a continuous changing environment. In doing so, following challenges will be given to you:
- Understand & execute the spare parts procurement process. Based on this experience & acquired knowledge, you proactively come up with further optimizations (or new processes) that can improve our way of working (accuracy, efficiency, …).
- Integrate new business requirements into our procurement processes, including the support for our expanding product range & solution portfolio, which also means the integrations of new vendors & being involved in post-merger integrations.
- Frequent discussions on international level with both colleagues, affiliates and suppliers to come to solutions and agreements are part of the job. In co-operation with all stakeholders, you draw the correct conclusions, which serve as basis for the actual implementation of improvements or process optimizations. Afterwards, you report back on the results to management.
- Build a strong network with your supplier counterparts, which allows a smooth cooperation in different business scenarios (unexpected demand changes, transfer of production and the involved spare parts route between different production plants, …)
- Represent spare parts in cross department (IT-) projects from analysis through implementation up to the testing phase & go-live.
- Define, extend and manage KPI’s and management reports to further visualise the output of our procurement process. With your analytical skills, you can find root causes in order to set-up structural solutions and make sure outliers or attention points are spotted as early as possible.
- You have a Master degree, typically in Applied Economics or Commercial Engineering.
- Relevant experience in similar surrounding is a strong advantage.
- You have an analytical mindset and a passion for facts and figures. Experience in, or knowledge of procurement processes, process improvements or a spare parts context is a plus.
- You have an open & solution oriented mind-set and a drive to continuously improve your area of expertise.
- Your communication is to the point and customer oriented. You’re not afraid to take the lead in meetings and present to a mid-size audience.
- You have affinity with IT-applications. Knowledge of SAP is a plus.
- You are familiar with the current software packets (like MS office) and analytical tools (e.g. PowerBI). Excel has no secrets for you.
- You are a team player and maintain a good relationship with your business colleagues from various departments.
- A good knowledge of English is required, knowledge of other European languages is a plus.
- Short stays abroad are no problem.
We offer you a challenging job with opportunities for growth in the European headquarters of an international company.
You arrive in a young & dynamic team where we cooperate in an open & trusting spirit. From your 1st day onwards, you will board an extensive training track and get our full support in every step of the way.
Eventually, you will be given full autonomy within your domain of expertise and will be seen as our subject matter expert.
Your competitive salary will be supplemented with an extensive package of extralegal advantages (incl. the possibility to work from home).
Rhône-Alpes/Auvergne - France
BRON - France