Ostend - Belgium
Our IT Center EMEA counts 3 departments: IT Planning (PLAN), IT Development (BUILD) and IT Infrastructure (RUN). IT Development has 2 competence centres: Madrid and Ostend. You will be part of IT Development in Ostend.
The IT Development department in Belgium consists of 20 internal colleagues strengthened with external consultants. The group is young and dynamic with a good team spirit and open communication structure. We implement innovative IT solutions for our 7000+ Daikin colleagues all over Europe.
We are looking for a senior IT Functional analyst and Project manager to support the processes related to Data & Analytics (BI) covering all business areas.
After an introduction and training period, your main challenges will be:
- In cooperation with the colleagues of IT and the international key users, you will analyse the requirements on management reporting in a wide range of business areas (manufacturing, logistics, finance, supply planning (APO), sales planning, master data) and implement standard IT solutions on our existing centralized SAP BI (BW/BO) platform, or support the business to facilitate self-service reporting in Microsoft PowerBI.
- You will be assigned to lead different (international) analytics projects, or focus on the analytics track in larger, cross-module projects.
- In doing so, you take into account every step of the “Daikin Software Development Life Cycle” and the “project management methodology” to deliver high-quality IT solutions towards business. This also includes the presence of clear documentation and the hand-over to our IT Operations Team. This will require you to coordinate a team of internal & external IT colleagues and developers.
- Once in a while, you will also be involved in IT change requests and 3rd line IT support, but this will be limited.
- You will work closely together with the Business Analytics section, which is our counterpart in our European Analytics Centre of Expertise (BICC). In this role, you strongly support the standardisation & promotion of the pan-European reports & analytics solutions.
- You are prepared to present your area of expertise towards key users and management.
- Last but not least, in the coming years, data will more & more by seen as a real company asset. As such, the Data & Analytics area will evolve from offering reports on past trends/data towards proactive steering of the business (processes) by bringing valuable (predictive) insights.
- For this, you will not only need to follow and explore the future evolutions & trends on analytics (predictive/prescriptive BI, real-time/embedded analytics in S/4 HANA, big data from our units, data lakes, cloud or hybrid data warehousing, …), but also further conceive the Data & Analytics strategy & roadmap for the years to come. During this process, you will need to study, plan and drive innovation, collaborate with experts and find business cases and bring our strategy into reality.
- You have a master degree as economist, engineer, computer scientist or equal.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in similar IT-surrounding as key-user or as analyst is a strong advantage.
- You have an analytical & innovative spirit and interest in the company processes; you strive to an optimal use of data in the company.
- You are established pragmatically, without losing your interest for the most recent IT evolutions.
- You have a solution oriented mind-set and a drive to continuously improve your area.
- You have the necessary self-discipline to make and follow-up a planning.
- You are a team player and try to establish and keep a good relationship with both your IT and business colleagues. You have good communication skills and are not afraid to present to groups.
- You are prepared to occasionally travel to Daikin group companies in Europe.
- You have analytic and communicative skills in English, Dutch will be a plus.
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job with an international market leader that stimulates its people to work together. We offer you an open ended contract. You will be given extensive training and will be well supported from the start. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits.
Interested to join our team?
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
OR Register yourself at www.daikin.eu/jobs.
Just follow the instructions and your application will be automatically sent to us.
Rhône-Alpes/Auvergne - France
BRON - France