Cape Town - South Africa
The Segment Manager Residential and Commercial is the national responsible for that segment. Works in close collaboration with branch managers, managing director, marketing manager, sales engineering and support.
In that respect he/she is responsible for:
- Overall strategy and budget making for that market segment.
- Drafting / follow up of key initiatives and linked actions to reach budget of segment in cooperation with relevant department managers. Drafting / follow up counter strategies in case of downfall versus budget.
- Market knowledge expert (market size, route to market, competitors, pricing, understanding well how the market works and who are the actors in that market). In that sense it is expected that the Segment Manager regularly goes into the market.
- Direct and steer the organization in cooperation with the branch managers.
- Product introduction and product positioning, making sure:
o Necessary tools (digital, offline, argumentation, software, etc.), trainings (pre and after sales) are in place and done.
o Correct price setting is done.
o Stock requirements (units + spares).
o Entry requirements: legal requirements/certification in cooperation with certification responsible, service level requirements.
o Product launches in cooperation with marketing manager.
- Marketing input: trigger and contribute to events/campaigns/ materials to promote products of that segment in cooperation with marketing manager.
- Liaison for product SBU (DENV / DAME):
o Translate market needs of DASA territory for future developments.
o Defining future product line up.
o Investigate feasibility of new products coming up.
- Investigate/Find potential new business avenues and prepare plan of approach:
o Securing a structural set up of company that meets requirements to serve the market (KPI requirements to be better than competitor).
o Defining optimal route to markets.
- Development of dealer programs in cooperation with marketing to support business development (move from T/O reward to reward based on quality of service and business they bring/generate).
- Defining KPI (based on market knowledge / market needs) for internal service providers (Sales engineering, Customer Success and After Sales).
- Identification of Key Accounts and potentially visit as well (shared management responsibility in cooperation with Key Account manager).
• Track record in preparation and management of strategic plans, business plans and budgeting.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, time management and prioritization skills essential.
• Strong organization and documentation skills.
• Highly developed leadership skills, teamwork, change management and demonstrated ability to act effectively as a leader/facilitator of a professional team.
• Understanding of continuous learning principles, Kaizen, equal employment opportunities, occupational health and safety, and ethical practice principles, and the ability to act with probity at all times
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- 7 + years of Product Management experience or equivalent.
- Experience and a proven track record within the HVAC industry will be an additional advantage.
- Strong strategic thinking, financial modeling, relationship-building and project management skills.
- Experience in working in a matrix organization; ability to lead courageously and drive cross-functional teams to success.
- Ability to influence at all levels in the organization, work well with others, inspire trust, open communication and have excellent communication skills.
- Experience in strategic planning and collaboration.
- Strong business analytical competency.
Detailed CV and cover letter to be submitted to the Human Resources Department via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or +27119974400
Closing day of application is :
Tuesday the 31st of March 2020
Rhône-Alpes/Auvergne - France
BRON - France