Anderlecht - Belgium
The EMEA Development Control department is part of Daikin's EMEA Development Center (EDC). EDC’s mission is the development of Heating, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration products and related Control Systems for EMEA market. In a context of strong growth, our responsibility is to provide the necessary support to our R&D departments to guarantee QCD (Quality, Cost, Delivery) of the development projects, which involves:
- resource (expense and investment budget, manpower) planning and follow-up
- guarantee and improve internal processes and systems (PLM, PPM, PDM, CAD,…)
- planning of development projects, from intake to delivery
- creation of installation and operation manuals for our products
As a Project Planning Officer you are...
the administrator of our Project Portfolio Management process (PPM). You guard the project intake process, the resource planning process and the follow-up of projects through the development pipeline. All of this, with a focus on control, reporting, efficiency and automation. You do this in close cooperation with our SBU’s and our development departments/centers.
- Ownership of PPM tool: general administration, promote usage, guard correctness of content, improvement of dashboarding and reporting, user training and extension of use.
- Making sure every project in the portfolio is correctly identified, documented and followed up through its lifetime. Integral follow-up of projects.
- Actively promote project planning awareness & responsibility within EDC.
- Standardize and improve processes linked to project management across our different development bases spread in Europe.
- Enhance actionable dashboard reporting to management.
- Guide and monitor the resource planning activity and improve its follow-up . Define the necessary steps to move from pure capacity planning to continuous resource planning follow-up.
- Identify opportunities to increase overall efficiency at EDC and to further support our R&D departments to guarantee QCD (Quality, Cost, Delivery) of the development projects. Particularly, consider how better planning, processes, data and the organization of these data (reporting) can contribute to this aim. Define concrete improvements/solutions, sell to stakeholders, implement and follow-up.
Our Project Planning Officer
- holds a Master degree, preferably in Data Science, Commercial Engineering or Business Administration.
- has a critical spirit, you question the status quo and look constantly for improvement.
- is analytical, while keeping a view on the bigger picture. You are able to find simplicity in complexity and, moreover, you can effectively report on it both to peers and management.
- has strong affinity for planning, processes, systems and IT matters.
- Knowledge of project management methodology is a plus.
- is an effective communicator, a team player and you are comfortable working in a multicultural environment.
- is proficient in English.
- Knowledge of PLM / PPM systems is not required, but considered an asset.
- Ideally, has 3-5 years of relevant experience.
The job location is Brussels, but your function will require your presence in our headquarters in Ostend office once a week.
What do we offer
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job with an international market leader that stimulates its people to work together. We offer you an open ended contract. You will be given extensive training and will be well supported from the start. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits.
Project Leader Network & Telephony
Ostend - Belgium
IT Architect - Infrastructure
Ostend - Belgium