Ostend - Belgium
The IT Center EMEA consist out of 3 departments: IT Planning, IT Development and IT Infrastructure. The IT Infrastructure Development team is responsible for the implementation of the infrastrucutre projects to support the Daikin EMEA business.
Standardization and consolidation are key-words in several on-going projects in order to construct the most lean IT architecture, balancing cost and performance, for hte whole EMEA region. Other projects target the introduction of new technologies to improve the working of our business
After introduction and training, you will be responsible for managing infrastructure projects and change requests.
- Implementing (planning, design, testing) new updates and changes to the existing environment and managing migration and implementation projects
- Working closely together with other team members and our dedicated IT technology suppliers and implementation partners.
- Analysing risks and possible impact of the changes, defining details of the implementation and test scenarios and drawing up the necessary technical documentation.
- Organizing and participating in the hand-over to the IT operations section (responsible for maintaining and the supporting the systems after go-live).
- Monitoring the project budget.
- You have knowledge of some technologies (server virtualization, storage, cloud computing) or at least you have the eagerness and the capacity to quickly absorb the knowledge of them.
- Preferably you have experience in project management or at least have the skill to coordinate the activities of the several in/external parties involved in an IT project.
- This position is also open to young graduates.
- You are fluent in English.
Faces of Daikin Europe
While there are many divisions comprising Daikin Europe, we want to take a closer look at one division in particular: Daikin IT. Meet Pieter and Whitney.
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job with an international market leader that stimulates its people to work together. We offer you an open ended contract. You will be given extensive training and will be well supported from the start. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits.
Meet the employees of Daikin Europe: Pieter and Whitney, ITC EMEA
Comprised of seven factories and twenty sales divisions, Daikin Europe is a leading manufacturer and supplier of HVAC equipment in the EMEA region. While there are many divisions comprising Daikin Europe, we want to take a closer look at one division in particular: ITC EMEA. We spoke with Pieter and Whitney to learn more about Daikin IT and how it contributes to Daikin Europe’s success.
What is the main mission of Daikin IT?
Pieter: Daikin IT plays a supporting role within Daikin Europe. In my section (IT planning), we have the opportunity to design systems and processes that business demands. But we also play a more proactive role by suggesting new technologies and solutions that can help the company achieve long-term success.
Whitney: I think our mission is to also achieve the best customer satisfaction, which means supporting all Daikin departments. Whether its system management or meeting business requirements, we always aim to offer an innovative solution.
What is your role at Daikin IT?
Pieter: As a Business System Engineer, I took on the role of Application Architect in the planning section. One of my main responsibilities is to determine the business needs for supply and production related departments, and define a solution through a project charter before passing it along to our development team to execute.
Whitney: I work as an Application System Engineer in the IT Development BI/BO team. Together with my colleagues, we aim to offer future-proof solutions for our Business Intelligence systems. I also serve as a Change Coordinator which means I need to be familiar with our system portfolio, divide the workload among team members and make sure our KPI’s are being met.
What do you value most about your job?
Pieter: I appreciate that I am given a certain level of freedom and responsibility to tackle difficult assignments and solve issues or problems, but always have the option to seek advice. That being said, there is also a great work environment in IT; team members are always ready to collaborate or offer support on projects. You can really see that every employee is working together towards the same goal.
Whitney: I enjoy meeting new colleagues from different departments and affiliates from across EMEA. Each department has their own specific requirements and that means each project we take on is different to a certain extent. My job also allows me to take on various roles and responsibilities, and as I result I feel every day is different and I can really contribute to the company. I also love my job at Daikin IT because it offers training and tools to help me succeed in my career and personal life.
Project Leader Network & Telephony
Ostend - Belgium
Marketing Coordinator Residential (m/f)
Brunn am Gebirge - Austria