Gent - Belgium
Short after the establishment of the European Design Center (EDC), the EMEA Electrics and control department was created. It is one of the fastest growing departments in order to facilitate and ensure the strong future growth of Daikin. This department is located in Gent, Technology Park.
Today the role of this new department is twofold:
- Develop embedded software & hardware: we develop and cooperate with external partners to enhance our products, keeping them amongst the best in the industry. Also we prepare them to connect to each other to step into the Internet of Things (IoT) era. Typical examples are: a new MMI on our Altherma products, gateways to connect to our cloud and App, stylish remote controller with App control.
- Cloud and App development: we are developing together with our partners our cloud platform to manage, steer, … our complete range. Especially for the residential market, we are in the process to incorporate the products into one App. Typical examples are: the online controller App, the residential and commercial cloud.
These developments are only possible with the help of the supporting sections: Innovation & maintenance and support & infrastructure (inclusive testing).
As Project Leader you are part of a team responsible for the design and development of cloud solutions for the different Daikin product ranges.
- You coordinate several innovative software projects related to cloud solutions. You make a planning in cooperation with the project members so that all business needs are met within budget and foreseen timeframe, you prepare and present internal design reviews and make consolidated status reports towards management
- You manage a small team of colleagues and/or external partners who you instruct and follow-up during the projects.
- As you keep the overview of the projects, you are capable to adjust the tasks and timings if needed.
- You maintain contacts with third parties.
- You have a Master Degree or PhD in electronics or IT, with a specific interest in software development.
- You have a strong interest or a proven track record in subjects like Internet of Things, machine to machine communication, App development, building management systems, smart grid …
- You are a team player who is driven to find solutions for technical requirements and specific client enquiries.
- You have experience in coordinating projects.
At Daikin you can count on a varied job, with an international market leader which encourages people to work together and develop. We can offer you a permanent contract. From the very beginning you can count on thorough training and intensive support. Your competitive salary is complemented by a package of extra-legal benefits.
Location: Technologiepark Zwijnaarde 19, 9052 Ghent
Service Engineer with focus on Heating (m/f)
Development Engineer HVAC
Ostend - Belgium