Ostend - Belgium
You will be working in the team of the Environment Research Center, in our Ostend office.
As Product regulation & standards Specialist, you will be responsible for various activities:
- You will be part of a team that deals with environmental and safety Policies and standardisation work on European and International level.
- You will actively participate in European and International standardisation work such as CEN, ISO, CLC and IEC in relation to product safety, environment and performance. This means that you will evaluate and exchange views with the relevant design teams in Daikin Europe, and also participate in the global teams of Daikin in order to establish a clear direction. You will manage the strategies and seek the necessary approvals with higher Management.
- You will be assigned to work on different policies, relevant to environment and safety. This also means that you will participate to various associations and stakeholder meetings for the relevant topics. You will therefore monitor the progress of upcoming or revised environmental and safety tendencies that may influence our business, with focus on regulations and standards.
- You are a contact to various departments in Daikin Europe, and to other companies of the Daikin group for those topics that you manage.
- You need to have a master degree ( preferably within Mechanical, Electromechanical Engineering or Thermodynamics)
- Mandatory technical knowledge preferably on thermodynamics, HVACR technology or product safety.
- Working experience with ISO, IEC or EN standards such as IEC EN 60335-2-40, ISO5149, EN378 or equivalent is a plus
- You are able to work independently as well as in a team.
- You are a flexible person.
- Willingness to travel globally on frequent basis is essential.
- Knowledge of English is a must.
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job with an international market leader that stimulates its people to grow and to work together. We offer you an open ended contract. You will be given extensive training and will be well supported from the start. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits.
Intern HR International Mobility
Ostend - Belgium
Oostende - België