Ostend - Belgium
'Procurement' is responsible for the supply of production parts and raw materials, by ensuring a smooth combination of planning, purchasing, supplier management, stock management and internal logistics. In addition, the procurement department is responsible for:
- Developing new procurement strategies for components used in our production.
- Analysing and optimizing the entire value chain.
As Procurement Engineer you will...
- Assist management in making the strategic purchasing plan.
- You are responsible for monitoring the overall procurement process for parts with high added value (from market research to defining new suppliers).
- This means that you negotiate all commercial and supply chain related conditions taking into account the current company policy regarding purchase.
- In addition you put in place policies and systems, and / or monitor these with respect to the purchasing activity. (For example, payment and delivery terms)
- The daily monitoring of key suppliers in terms of price, quality, forecasting and supplier route, is one of your responsibilities.
You are a Procurement Engineer with...
- A degree in civil, industrial or commercial engineering, or you have a Master degree in economics.
- Experience as a buyer is a plus, but not required.
- Excellent negotiating skills and have good commercial feeling.
- Communicative, proactive, not afraid to take initiative and a real team player.
- A thorough command of English will definitely come in handy in this job.
- Willingness to travel.
What we offer
At Daikin you can count on a varied job, with an international market leader which encourages people to work together and develop. We can offer you a permanent contract. From the very beginning you can count on thorough training and intensive support. Your competitive salary is complemented by a package of extra-legal benefits.
Ostend - Belgium
IT Infrastructure Engineer – Cloud Solutions
Ghent - Belgium