Ostend - Belgium
You will be working in the European Distribution Centre (EDC) of spare parts which is a part of the Service Division. The team takes care of all incoming spare parts, stores them and prepares the parts for delivering them all over EMEA region. Hereby we can distinguish two main flows: Replenishment of the Regional Distribution Centers and direct deliveries to customers. Spare parts deliveries are seasonal and during peak-times we deliver up to 1,200 express deliveries/day to our customers. The European Distribution Centre, located in Ostend, covers approx.. 11,500m² and manages 27,000 different Stock Keeping Units. Beginning 2017 the scope of this EDC was enlarged and a new WMS (Warehouse Management System) was implemented. Also a goods to man system was installed and put into use.
To support the continuing growth, increase efficiency and customer service level, we are looking for a Process Engineer.
- After a thorough training you will be responsible for the performance of the warehouse in all his aspects.
- Your function is focused on process improvement of the warehouse processes. In a changing business environment of a multinational, there is a continuous need to evaluate and to change our way of working to be able to cope with changing customer requirements and to be future proof.
- Your main job is to define and coordinate improvement projects to reach maximum customer service while increasing the efficiency of the processes. Therefore a yearly action plan should be made up and executed. These improvement projects can be related to the goods flows, but also administrative processes, projects with customs or projects with external parties (e.g. express courier companies) can be in scope.
- You will also be the key user of the Warehouse management System (WMS). As a key user you will be also responsible to develop and improve the WMS. This means keeping the different parameters of the WMS up-to-date, supporting the leading hands & operators with their questions & remarks, but also structural consultation with the IT specialists of the warehouse management system. You will also be the first line support for all users.
- We are looking for a candidate which has a big affinity with process handling & software systems.
- You have a master degree in an industrial area, proven experience in the field is a plus
- You are customer and service oriented, pragmatic and able to convince people
- You have good interpersonal and communication skills
- You are a good planner, with a positive approach, able to structure and simplify
- You have analytical skills and takes decisions based on data, facts & figures
- You are a hands-on team player
- You speak fluent Dutch & English
- Experience with SAP is a must
- Experience with other software systems is an asset (Matrix; Marc Cs, …)
- Improvement oriented
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job with an international market leader that stimulates its people to grow and to work together. We offer you an open ended contract. You will be given extensive training and will be well supported from the start. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits.
Rhône-Alpes/Auvergne - France
BRON - France