Ostend - Belgium
The Product Compliance & Patent Section is part of the EMEA Development Centre. For new developments the patent section communicates and collaborates closely with the related Product Development group to ensure that the right patents are deposited and safeguarded. This as well for electrical and mechanical innovative developments, for heating, ventilation and air conditioning applications. We are currently looking for an experienced patent engineer to strengthen our team.
As a patent engineer, you divide your time and attention between technical, informative, administrative work (research, analysis, reporting) and communicating and consulting internally with the local development teams and externally with the development centres in Czech Republic and Turkey, our HQ in Japan and the patent attorney agencies.
Your responsibilities are:
- Manage the existing patent portfolio of Daikin Europe and continuously question the added value of a patent for our business (commercially, financially, innovatively..)
- Set up and follow up of lean patent procedures
- With your broad technical background, you challenge the technical novelty potential and innovation level of a patent request
- With your commercial attitude and practical, operational business view, you assess the need and financial benefit of a new patent request for the Daikin group
- Continuously monitor patent activity of third parties in technical fields which are relevant to Daikin.
- Continuously monitor and identify potential patent breaches and define necessary countermeasures
- Organize regular patent review meetings with your internal clients to discuss the status and results
- The initial scope of this position is Europe, but some of our development teams work on worldwide innovation so the patent engineer should judge the necessity and added value of depositing a patent outside Europe.
- Coordinate patent initiatives within the Daikin Europe area, but also with the development centres of Turkey and Czech Republic.
- You keep our HQ in Japan up to date on the status of the patents
- Providing training to R&D engineers with respect to patent information and patent searching
- You have a technical engineering Master degree with 5 – 10 years of experience
- A strong technical background with proven business acumen
- Knowledge of European laws regarding Intellectual Property and commercialization processes
- In the possession of an EQE certification or willing to obtain in the near future
- You have a feeling and affinity towards the legal aspects of the patent business
- You have great communication skills
- You can work independently as well as in team
- Good knowledge of English is essential
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is a must
At Daikin you can count on a varied job, with an international market leader which encourages people to work together and develop. We can offer you a permanent contract. From the very beginning you can count on thorough training and intensive support. Your competitive salary is complemented by a package of extra-legal benefits.
Service Engineer with focus on Heating (m/f)
Development Engineer HVAC
Ostend - Belgium